Dapol announce 14xx/48xx/58xx in O.

Andy Y

The Dapol collectors club magazine which arrived to me yesterday a bit chewed by the Royal Mail (so maybe a bit delayed), but still legible, had a table of status updates which doesn't add much except it is in black and white. 

'14xx  CAD/CAM finalisation about to go into tooling'

• 8 months later...

All seems to be very quiet on the 14xx front ... the 14xx entry on the Dapol digest hasn't been updated since January and I've seen nothing in the magazines recently updating the project.  Does anyone know anything about this project?

Given Dapol's relatively quick delivery of recent projects (eg thinking of the Jinty) I cannot imagine it will be too long before release. I think(??) the Sentinel is next, so the 14xx is likely to follow that?

• RMweb Premium

the Sentinel is next, so the 14xx is likely to follow that?

The 45xx (can’t remember if this is Lionheart, technically) is also ahead of it so would expect it to be a while yet.

Edited by Hal Nail

All seems to be very quiet on the 14xx front ... the 14xx entry on the Dapol digest hasn't been updated since January and I've seen nothing in the magazines recently updating the project.  Does anyone know anything about this project?

Given that they are busy pushing quite a few products forward after their low point, I think it's fair to give them some time and space. Their recent models are spectacular. It will be out when it's ready.

Given that they are busy pushing quite a few products forward after their low point, I think it's fair to give them some time and space. Their recent models are spectacular. It will be out when it's ready.

Totally agree. The days of saga around the 08 are definitely behind Dapol and their recent products have been superb and delivered relatively quickly. They have really turned things around in recent years and deserve to be congratulated. They have really opened up O gauge to the average modeller (of which I count myself as a very average one) with their affordable and high quality products. Lots to look forward to over the coming months! :)

The 45xx (can’t remember if this is Lionheart, technically) is also ahead of it so would expect it to be a while yet.

Apologies I had forgotten about that one. I have read the Sentinel should be here by the end of the year too all being well

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all.  I was asking because in the recent magazine updates Dapol had posted progress on most of their products, but not the 14xx, which I thought was unusual.

... I think it's fair to give them some time and space.

My apologies, I thought Dapol were a model railway manufacturer who would want to keep their customers informed, not some jilted ex-lover ;)

It will be out when it's ready.

Really, I was rather hoping it would be out sooner than that :jester:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was at Swansea show last weekend and was told by Dapol that it had just gone to tooling and would be at least 9 months yet. They did add that it would be worth waiting for. I ordered months ago so another 9 months is very disappointing.

...and I suggest you might like to add another 9 months to this estimate based on past delivery performance.

I was at Swansea show last weekend and was told by Dapol that it had just gone to tooling and would be at least 9 months yet. They did add that it would be worth waiting for. I ordered months ago so another 9 months is very disappointing.

Thanks for asking, and posting the comment.

...and I suggest you might like to add another 9 months to this estimate based on past delivery performance.

Found this quote from earlier post, Posted by a member on 03 November 2017, which suggests not much movement on this model has been made yet. Note the same comment made about production status at two different times....

"The Dapol collectors club magazine which arrived to me yesterday a bit chewed by the Royal Mail (so maybe a bit delayed), but still legible, had a table of status updates which doesn't add much except it is in black and white.

'14xx CAD/CAM finalisation about to go into tooling'"

Shame there is no further information, but not a surprise!

• 3 weeks later...

In the Dapol collectors club newsletter it suggests the O gauge club special this year (2019) will be 1401 - order form 'to follow'.  Any club models remaining after 12 months (2020) will sold to the public at normal MRP. Normally club specials follow on from a normal production run, so 2019 looking good for the announced models.

• Like 1

In the Dapol collectors club newsletter it suggests the O gauge club special this year (2019) will be 1401 - order form 'to follow'.  Any club models remaining after 12 months (2020) will sold to the public at normal MRP. Normally club specials follow on from a normal production run, so 2019 looking good for the announced models.

does it say what livery it will be in? thanks

• RMweb Gold

Wasn't that the number of the loco in "The Titfield Thunderbolt"?

Regards

Dan