Dapol announce 14xx/48xx/58xx in O.

Andy Y

• 1 month later...

Looks like a slight mould miss-alignment. It also runs along the boiler to the dome. Hopefully sorted for the production runs. If not, a touch of Mr Surface 500 , sanding and blowing in with the airbrush should cure the problem. No complicated livery in the affected areas fortunately. 

At the price point of around £230 this is a very good effort from Dapol. I'll be up for one, as well as their small prairie.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Great Western said:

I’m down for the 1401 limited edition loco, I reckon I’ll have a few standard issues as well - very nice loco !

Why did 1401 have erased GWR lettering but black livery? Was it just a film thing or did some actually carry black and GWR?

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, steve fay said:

Great western did paint locos black during wartime and letter them GWR 

Thanks Steve, I’d asked Simon as he’s involved in the book and he didn’t know so I was intrigued. So 1401 must have retained the old lettering or they wanted to suggest it had. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Welsh Signaller said:

A very nice BR Lined Green example was in the display case at Telford yesterday, expected before Xmas as well.

Thanks for that..........the credit card has just thrown itself under the bus....

Rob 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Here is my photo of the lined green 14xx Dapol had on display yesterday.  Absolutely stunning IMO. I had the pleasure of speaking to Dapol's team, including Head of Product Development Richard Webster at the show. He explained some of the advanced features of the model regarding the chassis springing and circuit board design. The overall impression I came away with is that the model is stunning to look at and has been designed with great care and attention to detail. Personally, I can't wait for this to touch down.......

IMG_2472.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

The inside valve gear looks effective, it's not operational but you can't tell when the model is static!. Yet another stunning bargain from Dapol. 

Dava

• Like 1