Dapol announce 14xx/48xx/58xx in O.

Andy Y

Thanks for update on signals!  However if it was Dapol that said they "should" both be with us by Xmas then this suggests it give them a significant amount of wriggle room if required.... 'shall' or 'will' would have raised my confidence levels ..... a little more.   I might appear cynical but really just stating the obvious based on past experiences....

• Agree 1

IMG_2720.JPG.f62629983be7f017e8ca281d5baffda0.JPG

This may have been shown before but it is the one that was in the showcase yesterday at Dapol's open day.   There was a liveried one being used by Andy in his demonstration where he showed how sound can be fitted to it in well under two minutes without the aid of a screwdriver.

Les

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Greenmodelmonkey said:

Would that be this year...... or next ??????

Or .......pull the other leg it got Christmas bells on.

Still waiting for the 0 gauge signals promised Easter this year..... Wonder if these will ever make this year?

9 hours ago, Greenmodelmonkey said:

Thanks for update on signals!  However if it was Dapol that said they "should" both be with us by Xmas then this suggests it give them a significant amount of wriggle room if required.... 'shall' or 'will' would have raised my confidence levels ..... a little more.   I might appear cynical but really just stating the obvious based on past experiences....

Does it really matter? 

If it does ( and it appears to be so in your particular case) , then I'm sure Dapol would be only too pleased to receive any hints and tips you could offer in order to speed things up.

Anyway, back on topic, the picture from Les, above, is that of 1401, the Titfield loco. Nice.  

Rob. 

• Agree 4

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/?_sm_pdc=1&_sm_rid=Bs82Qj3MjDWW5Q3VDFj3MJjWQdpLH3Qjt3M6sZP

Rather than spend the next couple of months whinging about Dapol, order the parts from Wizard Models and build one (please!)

Craig W

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

13 hours ago, Craigw said:

Rather than spend the next couple of months whinging about Dapol, order the parts from Wizard Models and build one (please!)

Lighten up guys! The gentleman frustrated with Dapol’s highly inaccurate expected release dates is allowed to be - and why shouldn’t he crack some jokes? I was laughing with him - it is indeed ridiculous how many release dates just slip by. Companies shouldn’t make such statements of intent if they keep on falling short - but if they do they should surely expect some harmless backlash. Often we, the consumers, have to figure out which of several companies planning to release equivalent products we want to go for - and expected release dates are a big part of that. Just think of all those RTR mark 1 coach projects. In the RTR German gauge 1 market there is some remarkable competition between two companies going head to head with the same prototype models - same kind of quality - same kind of price level - the only real difference is - who will release theirs first? It really does matter and it’s all good to discuss. I wish Dapol well and i have a 58xx pre-ordered.

also to the other person offering a kit build as an alternative - well - what the heck does the availability of kits have to do with the price of milk? If we are in the RTR market we could well be (and probably most likely be) not into kitbuilding! 

Cheers! 

Edited by seeseerider
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, dpgibbons said:

Good to see provision for plug-in sound. Hope there's room for a stay-alive. 

with the tiny N-gauge Society Hunslet diesel having the stay alive built into the board I can see it becoming the norm over the next few years, certainly where the actual decoder board is big enough to take a decent sized capacitor

Just a thought 

Les

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seeseerider said:

Lighten up guys! 

also to the other person offering a kit build as an alternative - well - what the heck does the availability of kits have to do with the price of milk? If we are in the RTR market we could well be (and probably most likely be) not into kitbuilding! 

Cheers! 

Lighten up?  It was a joke, maybe I was too subtle putting the please in there?

Craig W

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Simond said:

And I don’t need two...

simon

43 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Now that just isn’t an excuse not to buy one.......:D

Ah but Simon didn't say about three or four :)

Rich

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There's a glowing review in the Dec Hornby magazine ("far and away Dapol's most advanced O Gauge loco yet"), highlighting the fully compensated chassis and superb running. Production version arriving late November so presumably in the shops before Xmas.

Hornby's sample appears to be fitted with a Zimo MX644D with a custom sound and control set, and a pair of clip-in sugar-cube speakers below -  these are not factory fitted. So it should be possible to fit a third party sound package for much less than the GBP175 premium that Dapol will charge for a sound fitted version. Hopefully there will be room in the smokebox for a decent stay-alive too although it looks pretty cramped.

Edited by dpgibbons

52 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

I am going for a sound fitted but un - numbered GWR livery 58xx. I am going to re-number it to one of the 58xx's which ran on the Malmesbury branch line which I am modelling.

Cheers, Ade.

Alongside Papyrus :D

Actually, what is your plan for Papyrus?