Dapol announce 14xx/48xx/58xx in O.

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

Very good! Do you by any chance have any of the loco connected to the trailer showing exactly what joins to what?

Unfortunately that's one thing I dont have all the times I visited Didcot it was either in or out of the shed and not joined to anything unfortunately :yahoo_mini:

I do know that the object under the box is an electric connection that joins the loco to the trailer electrically though there is a mechanical connection via the mechanism that has a chain on between the steam heating pipe and the coupling it may be for the regulator but I stand corrected if I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not my photo but I found this which shows the connections perfectly. I hope it helps.

The photo came from this site which explains exactly how it all connects and works. 

If the photo infringes any copywriter mods please remove it the photo is 2/3 of the way down the page linked

http://citytransport.info/Steam-MU.htm

P1460452a.jpg

• Thanks 2

Just for the record-

Dapol (and Andy Forty in particular) were awarded the Gwyn Humphreys Award for Innovation at Warley this morning for the "no tools" method of DCC sound installation which is in the 14/48xx, which I understand are "due shortly". 

Les

5 hours ago, markjj said:

A few photos of 4866 taken at various times that might help.

All my photos...

I have plenty more taken around this loco inside and out if you want to check anything else....

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

Good stuff.  Fulfills my detail fetish.  I did not realise there was so much to it,  Thanks much.

John

Edited by brossard
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Bowie said:

Along Warren Shepard parts have been mentioned, I found the following with more parts provided.

Hope this helps those who want auto-fitted locos.

http://www.peteroles.co.uk/newsite_048.htm

I can reccomend the Pete Roles parts as I have used these on my MOK 14/48xx kits before. 

• RMweb Premium

Tower update from Dapol posted after Warley:

"The Dapol 48xx / 14xx and 58xx are in production and progressing nicely but with no confirmation as of yet as to whether they will be air freight in or sent via sea freight when they are completed in December."

• RMweb Gold

Dapol emailed this to club members this week. 

HI,

We are hoping to have this Special Edition Loco – 14XX, exclusive to Club Members only, delivered into us about the middle of December.

Please note – if you are ordering a chipped version we cannot guarantee delivery before Christmas.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...

According to Tower Models website not expected until after Christmas/New Year now:-

"Latest from Dapol is that the first four liveries have just been completed in China are are undergoing quality checks which should be completed tomorrow. The factory has confirmed that it is now too late to get them here before Christmas even if they were flown in so it is looking like early in the New Year before we will receive the first of these. "

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, 7007GreatWestern said:

According to Tower Models website not expected until after Christmas/New Year now:-

"Latest from Dapol is that the first four liveries have just been completed in China are are undergoing quality checks which should be completed tomorrow. The factory has confirmed that it is now too late to get them here before Christmas even if they were flown in so it is looking like early in the New Year before we will receive the first of these. "

Not unexpected and not a bad thing really. 

Rob. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, 57xx said:

Not sure what they used for the lamp iron on the left of the pic, but it looks a tad overscale to me...

It's a board clipped over the lamp iron that describes the history of the loco if I remember rightly... 

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, markjj said:

It's a board clipped over the lamp iron that describes the history of the loco if I remember rightly... 

Sorry, I forgot to add the joker emoji at the end of the sentence... :jester: :) 

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bartb said:

Going by Tower Models web site they should be here in 6 to 7 weeks.

Which ties in with what Hattons advised me by email on the 2nd September 2019.

Dapol 7S-006-021U Class 14xx 0-4-2T in BR black with early emblem - unnumbered. Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us between January 2020 & March 2020. Whilst we are hopeful this information is accurate, manufacturer lead times are frequently prone to be delayed.

Geoff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...