LNER class F2 [ex GCR] 2-4-2T loco.

RCTS 'Locomotives of the LNER' gives 7'10 and a half+8'7"+7'0", drivers 5'7", carrying wheels 3'6"

I seem to recall there was a 4mm scale drawing of either the F2 or the very similar F1 in a late 1960s Railway Modeller, possibly in connection with ex-GC push-pull stock drawings.  I stand to be corrected on this.

D

Edited by Darryl Tooley

• RMweb Premium

According to a listing of Locomotives Illustrated magazine, issue 130 covers

"The Great Central Railway 2-4-2, 4-4-2 and 0-6-2 tank engines"

no idea if it covers the info you need, as I only have most of the LMS issues.

• RMweb Gold

RCTS 'Locomotives of the LNER' gives 7'10 and a half+8'7"+7'0", drivers 5'7", carrying wheels 3'6"

I seem to recall there was a 4mm scale drawing of either the F2 or the very similar F1 in a late 1960s Railway Modeller, possibly in connection with ex-GC push-pull stock drawings.  I stand to be corrected on this.

D

There is an article on ex-GC push-pull stock in the November 1968 issue of RM Darryl, but the locomotive drawing is a C13.  Perhaps it is in another issue?

There is an article on ex-GC push-pull stock in the November 1968 issue of RM Darryl, but the locomotive drawing is a C13.  Perhaps it is in another issue?

Possibly, or perhaps my memory is playing tricks.  I'm sure I've seen a drawing of a GC 2-4-2T in an old magazine somewhere - not, I admit, a great deal of help in narrowing it down.

D

Edited by Darryl Tooley

I now have a copy of the "Railway Modeller" November 1969 and it does have a single page article and drawings of this loco.

It is very informative and the 4 mm to 1' 0" drawings are very detailed, but no plan is provided.

I am presuming that it is a fixed wheelbase loco - a pity no front and rear pony trucks, unless I've missed something.

I'm going to have a go at building this loco in Finescale Gauge 1, wheel back to back 42.0 mm and electric motor driven - is there a suggested overall frame width please ? The frames will be 1 mm Nickel-Silver, which is probably about true to scale.

Thank you for all your suggestions and information.

Keith