Bell containers

NoelG

Received more superbly detailed 20ft Bell Containers from C-Rail recently, and excellent RTR 20ft skeletal flat wagons from Irish Freight Models to carry them.  

IMG_2966.jpg

Some gentle weathering will be applied during the autumn

IMG_2965.jpg

• Like 2

Oh well :bye:  I'm content with them as RTR container wagons which cost about the same as some kits.  Really happy with the Bell's, nicely detailed and excellent paint job.  Unfortunately I neither have the time nor the inclination nor the skills to work with brass, and I've rarely seen brass kits of container flats built to a high standard which has put me off more than anything.  Might try modifying some unpainted Dapol wagon chassis.

IMG_2977.jpg

• Like 2

I don't have that many pictures, as I made only one short visit around that time.  I'll try to dig out and post some more as time permits.  In the meantime and in keeping with this topic, here's 017 passing Limerick Junction with a trainload of Bell containers.

post-10122-0-01436900-1505220354_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I don't have that many pictures, as I made only one short visit around that time.  I'll try to dig out and post some more as time permits.  In the meantime and in keeping with this topic, here's 017 passing Limerick Junction with a trainload of Bell containers.

attachicon.gifPICS9291.jpg

Now there's the perfect train to model, hopefully by IRM.

• Like 2

Oh well :bye:  I'm content with them as RTR container wagons which cost about the same as some kits.  Really happy with the Bell's, nicely detailed and excellent paint job.  Unfortunately I neither have the time nor the inclination nor the skills to work with brass, and I've rarely seen brass kits of container flats built to a high standard which has put me off more than anything.  Might try modifying some unpainted Dapol wagon chassis.

IMG_2977.jpg

Noel your whole scene and rolling stock look great. Enjoy.

Ive seen plenty of well made brass models and people learning as they go along including myself. You wont suddenly become a master modeller overnight either, Ive a 'hall of shame' too

Nobody makes the 20ft flat wagons in brass though, unless you wanted to scratchbuild them