Furness MRC, 2017 show, Oct 14/15.

kevpeo

The 55th Model Railway & Transport Exhibition

Saturday & Sunday, the 14th & 15th October 2017.    

Barrow Sixth Form College, Rating Lane, Barrow-in-Furness, LA13 9LE.       

TIMES: 10.00 am until 5.00pm, both days.

ADMISSION:  Adults £5.00  Concessions £4.00  Children £2.50

Layouts

Swiss Pass

Tonbridge West Yard

Woodhead

Bodmin Generally

Brewery Sidings

Stamford East

Eldon Street/Shap Lane Yard

Crackpot Mine

Oldswick TMD

Maidenhaiste

Hayling Island

Lego

Isle of Sodor

Trade

Dc Kits/D&E video

Pooleys Puffers

Crafty Hobbies

Plus demo's and other railway and transport related stands.

Kev.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great exhibition, just got home. Layout of the day for me was Tonbridge West Yard, nabbed a few much sought after items by myself from Pooleys Puffers too, but best of all was the full english brekky in the canteen......thanks for a great show,  all was good and i'll be back next time.

Hopefully this message will help someone going home from the show this Sunday afternoon, and forewarn them of major traffic problems.

The M6 has major delays between junctions 36 and 35 (Kendal and Carnforth), as well as around junctions 19 to 17 (Cheshire). [Edit: Traffic England reporting that the M6 is closed between junctions 36 and 35, as well as between junctions 18 and 17. Closures not expected to be lifted until well into this evening]

For southbound traffic coming off the A590 from Barrow, join the southbound A6 south of Kendal (near Levens), and head to Carnforth before joining the M6. There will be congestion, but such a move will minimise your delay.

Edited by 87029

Did we all get home safely? Thanks to all our exhibitors and all the visitors for making our show what it is. And hon tresh was even smiling at the end so we may even have topped up the clubs coffers! Thanks all, looking forward to next year now. Kev.

Did we all get home safely? Thanks to all our exhibitors and all the visitors for making our show what it is. And hon tresh was even smiling at the end so we may even have topped up the clubs coffers! Thanks all, looking forward to next year now. Kev.

Kev,

We enjoyed the show with the TWY crew. Nice to see all the kids and families. Due to the M6 closure we headed north as your mates recommended and had a non traffic journey down the A1 (M) getting back to Lydd at 03.00hrs. I had a lay in this morning. Thanks to all the Furness team for looking after us.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Kev,

We enjoyed the show with the TWY crew. Nice to see all the kids and families. Due to the M6 closure we headed north as your mates recommended and had a non traffic journey down the A1 (M) getting back to Lydd at 03.00hrs. I had a lay in this morning. Thanks to all the Furness team for looking after us.

Cheers.

totally agree with the above comment,excellent weekend, thanks for having us

Andrew