BRM October 2017

Andy Y

Normally our digital edition comes out on Fridays but this month is a little different as it will be available around 1pm on Monday as it includes details of a significant announcement from Hatton's.

BRM_Oct_cover.jpg

On this month's DVD

Peterborough Show Special: See our favourite layouts to appear at this year's show!

4 Great Model Railways

1. Neely (N) - It's Ely in Cambridgeshire, but not quite as you might know it. Hence the name...

Neely_mini.jpg

You may have seen it on RMweb, Terrysoham shows us Neely in detail.

2. Little Muddle (OO) - A casual comment from the modeller's wife inspired the curious title of this picturesque layout.

Little_Muddle_Mini.jpg

An RMweb favourite, KNP gives us the full story with a 17 minute video on the digital issue.

3. Power for Life (OO) - Life lessons and corporate communications combine in this compact scene.

Power_for_Life_Mini.jpg

RMweb's Ramrig takes us around a layout for work - digital edition includes 18 minute video.

4. Brixham Bay (N) - A crashed German aircraft provides a clue to the precise date of this coastal wartime scene.

Brixham_Bay_mini.jpg

Expert Modelling Advice

Make a playground

Build a line-side industry

Convert a cricket pavilion

Pavilion_mini.jpg

I'm tasked with re-working a Metcalfe kit!

Get started in 2mm finescale

Jerry Clifford leads us on from N gauge

Fit a parcel Van chassis

Phil Parker makes a new chassis for a BG in N

News & Reviews

The latest news and new model launches

Exciting news from Hatton's of Liverpool - digital edition includes two videos discussing the projects.

Reviewed: Kernow 4-TC

Reviewed: Bachmann Birdcage - grahammuz delivers his verdict on Bachmann's latest product.

Reviewed: Oxford Rail's Dean Goods (an RMweb readers' feedback review)

AND...

Getting into N Gauge

Peterborough Show preview

Union Mills interview

Phil Parker visits the Isle of Man manufacturer

Tail Lamp

Buy your copy online. Click here.

Download the Digital Edition (on-sale Monday1pm). Click here.

Subscribe and get a FREE Airbrush. Click here.

• Like 4

That looks interesting and an issue that I'll probably purchase. But when are print copies scheduled to be in shops and newsagents?

G.

Subs copies should arrive Tues/Weds and the shelf copies will be Thursday 14th September.

• Administrators

The October digital issue doesn't seem to be available yet on Pocketmags - just tried to follow the link from BRM's email and came up with page not found (and search brought up the Sept issue).

Cheers, Mike

It should be live any time now. There is occasionally a delay in us setting it live to it being visible on Pocketmags.

• RMweb Gold

It should be live any time now. There is occasionally a delay in us setting it live to it being visible on Pocketmags.

Thanks Steve - it is visible now.  Should it be £3.99 or £4.99? On the purchase page it shows as 3.99 but when in the basket it comes up as 4.99 (could be VAT)?

Cheers, Mike

• Administrators

Thanks Steve - it is visible now.  Should it be £3.99 or £4.99? On the purchase page it shows as 3.99 but when in the basket it comes up as 4.99 (could be VAT)?

Cheers, Mike

It should be £4.99. This is the price that I can see on both the purchase page and when added to my basket.

• Administrators

HMM the  beach house and buildings of little muddle are on one page and both articles not complete in the  digital issue. Not impressed .

Hi,

This is bizarre as I've experienced that problem once, yet my colleagues have got the correct magazine. I've rechecked and it seems OK. Can you check again please?

Steve

i don't know why Steve 1980 ,but when i posted  that comment my statement was true but i rechecked it in pocket mags( my digital subscription ) ad both articles are fine .  did my  digital issue  not down load properly the first time ?

• Administrators

i don't know why Steve 1980 ,but when i posted  that comment my statement was true but i rechecked it in pocket mags( my digital subscription ) ad both articles are fine .  did my  digital issue  not down load properly the first time ?

I honestly don't know, as I experienced the same problem at 9am yet at 9.30am it was fine. My colleagues also checked and it was fine for them. Maybe there's a glitch that affects a small number? I'm in contact with MagCloner though.

Fascinating indeed on how trons seem to work and not work without any reasonable explanation at all.  When I was in the Navy we used to call it PFM (Pure blank Magic).  I believe the earlier generation called it "gremlins."   Perhaps the Chinese or North Koreans are cyber attacking BRM?  The important thing is that it worked out in the long run.  I have to say I'm impressed by the speed at which Steve responds to posted problems (not just on this thread, but many others).  Mistakes and errors can happen to anyone - it's how one responds to them that should be measured.  Good on you Steve!

• Like 1

• Administrators

My Subscription Mag has not arrived yet ?

Apologies, but subs copies were due to be dispatched on Friday which meant most would have arrived with subscribers on Monday morning. Due to the Hatton's announcement having a strict embargo we had to delay posting. If you haven't had your copy, I hope it will be with you today.

• RMweb Premium

Picked up a couple of copies from Asda in Great Bridge for work this morning Hopefully mine will be on the doormat later.

Edit: on the door mat when I arrived home.

Edited by Ramrig

• Administrators

Well at least I know why my hasn't turned up but not very impressed it hasn't arrived today defeats the point of subscribing.

"Totally"? Apart from the introductory gift, delivery to your doorstep and lower price per issue?

Seriously though, this was difficult. The other option was to ignore the Hattons news for a month, which people would also have complained about. Not sure we could win this time.