ECoS forgetting new loco

Beclawat

Hi

I have a newbie DCC question please. I was doing quite well with my ECoS, I have been running my first 2 locos ok for a while. But I have a problem with a couple of new locos I've just bought and had chipped. They program ok using the manual 'New loco > Create manually' options (I seem to recall my first two locos were recognised automatically, but I can't remember for sure) and I can drive them fine. But when the controller is turned off and back on again, there is no trace of the new loco. When programming I'm pressing the button that has a down arrow pointing to the track and I'm saving to loco list 1, but the loco never appears there (or in any other list). I guess I'm missing out a step or something. Any advice much appreciated cos at the moment it's driving me nuts! Thanks, Anthony.

Hi

I have a newbie DCC question please. I was doing quite well with my ECoS, I have been running my first 2 locos ok for a while. But I have a problem with a couple of new locos I've just bought and had chipped. They program ok using the manual 'New loco > Create manually' options (I seem to recall my first two locos were recognised automatically, but I can't remember for sure) and I can drive them fine. But when the controller is turned off and back on again, there is no trace of the new loco. When programming I'm pressing the button that has a down arrow pointing to the track and I'm saving to loco list 1, but the loco never appears there (or in any other list). I guess I'm missing out a step or something. Any advice much appreciated cos at the moment it's driving me nuts! Thanks, Anthony.

Are you changing the loco number or using one already entered by some one else. I have found that the ECoS has a wierd thing about saving an existing number. My way round this has been to under manual options to alter the number by one and save, then alter it back to the original and save. Hope this helps

Terry

Hi Terry. Thanks for the suggestion, do you mean the address number? I tried changing it, saving, then changing it back and saving it again, but no joy. :-/

Yes I do mean address number. Try disabling M4/Railcom and try again. Railway modelling is fun ??? THis is under set up 1 on the rail icon 5th down make sure all But DCC is un ticked

Edited by MiDAS

Yes I do mean address number. Try disabling M4/Railcom and try again. Railway modelling is fun ??? THis is under set up 1 on the rail icon 5th down make sure all But DCC is un ticked

Sorry, you've lost me. This sounds like a menu I've not found yet. Thanks for your patience, I feel a right numpty!

• RMweb Gold

Hi there

Sounds to me like the problem might be you are not saving before closing down. Locos created are lost if you don't. It's in the controller maintenance icon along the top row....not at home at moment but can talk through it later if you can't suss it.

Had same problem myself!

Cheers

Phil

• RMweb Gold

In addition to pressing the "track" icon to reprogram the chip, you also need to press the green "tick" icon to save it to the ECoS memory.

Then when it comes to powering off the ECoS you need to hold down the stop button until a message is displayed stating you can now turn it off.

Perhaps this helps?

Steve

Thanks chaps.

Terry, I now see the screen you mean, I changed the settings as you suggested but sadly to no effect.

Steve, thanks but I've already been doing those two things.

Phil, it's good to hear it's not just me who is having this problem! Is the controller maintenance icon the one that brings up Setup 1 and Setup 2? I'm not sure where you mean from there?

I've got to put this to one side now as I've got an early start in the morning, but I will have another crack at it on Sunday. When I can finally see the new loco appear on the loco list I'll breathe a sigh of relief!

Cheers

Anthony

• RMweb Gold

Phil, it's good to hear it's not just me who is having this problem! Is the controller maintenance icon the one that brings up Setup 1 and Setup 2? I'm not sure where you mean from there?

Cheers

Anthony

Morning Anthony

Apols for not coming back sooner - busy day yesterday

So what you want is...

post-7138-0-44136800-1505038929_thumb.jpg

Spanner over ECoS image - 3rd from right at top of screen

Then

post-7138-0-04257600-1505038896_thumb.jpg

Set up 1 tab - save bottom right corner

That should prevent your locos disappearing

As for those having problems with locos saved but subsequently disappearing - on ECoS 50200 firmware v4.2.0 if you go in to select loco via screen icon or button and type 0 - that's zero - in to the numeric keypad on the RH side of the screen you should find it clears all the display list filters and displays every loco stored on your controller regardless of list or loco type

Had the same issue - especially with consists - but found this works

Cheers

Phil

Let us know if that solves the problem

Phil

Sadly not...  see the attached screen print, I don't appear to have a 'Save' button! :scratchhead: It's got me completely stumped. Whatever I try, the new locos fail to appear on the loco list, even though I can drive them. Maybe I need to do a firmware update or something? But it beats me why I would need to do that, when my original two locos appeared on the loco lists without all this hassle, and continue to work with no problems.

Ant

post-32606-0-29963600-1505327358_thumb.jpg

For the benefit of anyone reading this thread in future, I solved this with Phil's kind help over the phone.  The problem was that at some time in the past I had started to add a loco to the ECoS, but I'd left it as an incomplete entry, so it was lurking in one of the other loco lists under the default name "New 0003".  This itself wouldn't have been a problem, but unwittingly I'd left this 'ghost loco' with an address of 3, which was conflicting with the new loco I was trying to add, as it had the same address.  Simple when you know how...! :fool:

Later tonight I also discovered that if you save a loco to a steam loco list, but then change the little loco picture to a diesel (a class 08 in this case), it automatically moves that loco to the diesel loco list.  For a moment this had me scratching my head as to where my freshly programmed gronk had disappeared to!

Ant

Later tonight I also discovered that if you save a loco to a steam loco list, but then change the little loco picture to a diesel (a class 08 in this case), it automatically moves that loco to the diesel loco list.  For a moment this had me scratching my head as to where my freshly programmed gronk had disappeared to!

Ant

I mentioned that in post 9