Wanderings around the Midlands

• RMweb Gold

It's used very rarely so I gather I believe there's only a handful of driver's who sign it and only one instructor within LM who can train drivers on it.

I won't be signing diesel of any form for a while that includes the 153 and 230 as we are getting that from December apparently on a Sunday only basis.

What's the thing on the drawhook?  

It is a special isolating bar so it can shunt DMU's and EMU's without getting close enough to them to pass on BR era ideas, such as if you only do 15MPH you might be able to stay in service for fifty years and only have to work occasionally.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

5G00 the 0532 ECS to New St on the left and my one on the right 5G01 which I had prepped for service in Coventry North yard and bring it out for the next driver to take to New St whilst I went back to the yard to bring out 350256 which I couldn't take a photo of because of a fault which resulted in running at 50% power all the way to New St.post-7076-0-69822200-1505303123_thumb.jpg

Edited by CovDriver
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

post-7076-0-11045200-1505781449_thumb.jpgpost-7076-0-82353500-1505781491_thumb.jpgpost-7076-0-17317700-1505781525_thumb.jpgpost-7076-0-39399900-1505781552_thumb.jpg

Just a few from tonight's turn the first is 323222 waiting at New St for the 2252 to Longbridge.

The second is a quick shunt into the reversal siding at Longbridge finally the last two are showing the same unit entering Coventry North yard as I have to check the hand points on the way and and easy disposal tonight told by the signaller to leave the pantograph up and no need to ring him as I'm the last unit in for stabling.

• Like 5

A loco that's often forgotten 08805 on Soho depot attachicon.gif20170206_192232.jpg

Longsight have a Jocko with a similar drawbar, thats used in conjunction with some custom built steel brackets for moving Pendo bogies. I'm pretty sure I've seen the Soho engine doing similar moves with 323 bogies. LM 323's occasionally show up at Longsight now and again.

• RMweb Gold

Longsight have a Jocko with a similar drawbar, thats used in conjunction with some custom built steel brackets for moving Pendo bogies. I'm pretty sure I've seen the Soho engine doing similar moves with 323 bogies. LM 323's occasionally show up at Longsight now and again.

There are some accomodation bogies on the depot they're usually parked in front of the 08 but on this occasion they must have been in the shed. 

The 323 have been known to go to Longsight for tyre turning after we have put wheel flats on them after the slippy slidy season.

Cheers 

Colin

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

As I'm currently not allowed to work trains due to my glasses prescription having changed slightly.

I'm unable to take any work related pics but this one I couldn't resist.

This one is 50017 & 50050 heading towards Coventry on a working from Washwood Heath to Rugby via Coventry CE sidings to deliver a broken track tamper to the Colas Depot at Rugby.

post-7076-0-20066300-1506633390_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I was at a job not far from Humber Road bridge when this came through south bound. Couldn't see it but whoever was in charge was giving it stacks. The noise was glorious! Took me right back to the 80's. Great echo across lower Stoke!

• Like 2

As I'm currently not allowed to work trains due to my glasses prescription having changed slightly.

I'm unable to take any work related pics but this one I couldn't resist.

This one is 50017 & 50050 heading towards Coventry on a working from Washwood Heath to Rugby via Coventry CE sidings to deliver a broken track tamper to the Colas Depot at Rugby.

attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1506625915447.jpg

Is there any reason why they are not let out alone.

• RMweb Premium

I was at a job not far from Humber Road bridge when this came through south bound. Couldn't see it but whoever was in charge was giving it stacks. The noise was glorious! 

Sorry, 50017 is Royal Oak and 50050 is Fearless.

Glorious is 50033........

I'll get me coat.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

As its been a while I'm back out again now I've been given the all clear after a new pair of glasses.

And a trip fown the Redditch branch sorry no photo's as I was late because of problems earlier on the Cross city line.

There's just a couple of pics in Coventry North yard

post-7076-0-27784700-1508396022_thumb.jpgpost-7076-0-64177400-1508396152_thumb.jpg

The first pic didn't really come out well but it's 66418 stabled in the Kemps siding i can't honestly remember the last time i saw a loco in there.

The other two are showing 153334 stabled for the night and 323208 waiting to enter number 1 road while I check the hand points and no taxi again for me so it was a cold damp walk back up to the booking in ooint.

I'm spare today from 1600 until 0045 but if I'm utilised by the DTCM I'll try and take some photo's.

• Like 3