CovDriver

Wanderings around the Midlands

How's the work at Coventry station coming on Colin, it's been a while since I was there.

The station work has really taken off in the last few weeks most of the prep work for the new over bridge at the North end of the platform is nearly done.

The superstructure for the new station building (that's got an eight story car park on top ) is really going up faster than your average mecano set.. 

I'll try and get some pictures of the construction work on Friday or Saturday morning as I'm spare on both days. 

• Informative/Useful 1

Well a couple of days of constant New St - Northampton work it's all a bit same old $%^& just a different day. 

But here's a few from yesterday and this morning. 

The first one a rare move for us a 12car ECS move from Birmingham International to Coventry.

The second pic showing this mornings chariots 350102 on the rear and 350370 waiting to leave Coventry Yard.

Next up is what is becoming a regular move for GBRf a pair of 47's doing a class 360 unit move from Ilford EMD to Northampton Kings Heath EMD for modifications. 

The last two pics show the steelworks going up for the new Coventry station building.

Cheers 

Colin 

20200730_051830.jpg

20200803_053023.jpg

20200802_152421.jpg

20200803_054253.jpg

20200802_160911.jpg

• Like 2

I really need to get Northampton on my route card as the job with the 47s regularly comes up uncovered (Northampton to Leicester) and I can’t do it, I sign as far as daventry (drift) so it’s really not much to get the short distance to Northampton and kings heath depot in, unfortunately I’m so busy at the moment it’s a struggle to try and get a couple of days spare to do it 

2 hours ago, big jim said:

I really need to get Northampton on my route card as the job with the 47s regularly comes up uncovered (Northampton to Leicester) and I can’t do it, I sign as far as daventry (drift) so it’s really not much to get the short distance to Northampton and kings heath depot in, unfortunately I’m so busy at the moment it’s a struggle to try and get a couple of days spare to do it 

I've only ever seen one of your drivers (Anthony Middleton) do that job he had to follow me to Rugby yesterday as the signaller gave me the road first but then again the 47's did depart Kings Heath 108mins early. 

Just a couple from yesterday's small job firstly a couple of pics in Coventry North yard of a pair of 323's after I'd just prepped them ready for service.

Then there is a pic of a pair of 156's passing through Northampton.

I was spare this morning but as a job was uncovered I've copped it from being spare at 0533. 

So today it's just a New St - Redditch and back followed by a New St - Northampton and back. 

20200810_044328.jpg

20200810_044622.jpg

20200808_123519.jpg

• Like 3