Andrew Barclay 14" & 16" 0-4-0ST in OO Gauge

Hattons Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed Hattons are attending Model rail Scotland for the first time this year I wonder if they might be planning to launch the model at the show?

It would be nice and they may well have decorated samples, but their tracker is still showing it as in production with only the SECR jobbie on the boat

It would be nice and they may well have decorated samples, but their tracker is still showing it as in production with only the SECR jobbie on the boat

According to the update on the SECR thread, "most" of the class P production is on the boat, whilst H4-P-001/2 are still in production and not expected until May.

It'd be nice to have an update on the Barclays!

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Following our news regarding the SECR P class a week ago, we can confirm that production of our Andrew Barclays is almost completed and the models are expected to leave China in the next few days. All twelve are scheduled to arrive with us on or shortly after the 16th March.

Further details and images are available on the main website Here.

As always, let us know what you think!

Cheers,

Dave

H4-AB14-001 - Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST 14” 2047 ‘705’ in BR black with early crest

H4-AB14-002 - Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST 14” 2047 ‘705’ in GWR green with shirtbutton roundel

H4-AB14-003 - Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST 14” 2134 “Coronation” in lined green

H4-AB14-004 - Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST 14” 1863 in Caledonian Railway lined blue

H4-AB14-005 - Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST 14” 2134 “WTT” in lined green

H4-AB14-006 - Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST 14” 2069 “Little Barford” in Acton Lane Power Station blue with wasp stripes

H4-AB14-007 - Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST 14” 1927 ‘No.1’ in Burnley Corporation Gas Department blue

H4-AB14-008 - Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST 14” 2134 ‘No.3’ in Fina lined blue

H4-AB16-001 - Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST 16” 2244 ‘No.10’ in NCB lined black

H4-AB16-002 - Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST 16” 2043 'No 6' in NCB green

H4-AB16-003 - Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST 16” 2226 “Katie” in lined maroon

H4-AB16-004 - Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST 16” 1964 in CPC UK blue

Can't wait! Restraining myself from ordering another... :P 

After the disappointment of last week (the SECR livery P getting put back to May), I'm looking forward to getting my plain black Barclay towards the end of March!

Its going to be "Small Loco Month" from March to May......  

After the disappointment of last week (the SECR livery P getting put back to May), I'm looking forward to getting my plain black Barclay towards the end of March!

Its going to be "Small Loco Month" from March to May......  

What are you planning for April?  :scratchhead:

Having ordered the Little Barford version, does anyone know its history? Little Barford PS is close to me, I have memories of Edmunson being there too. I believe LB went to Bedford PS? Also it ended up at Croydon (as depicted by the model)?

Now the crunch question. What livery did it carry in earlier times?

Stewart

They look brilliant! I couldn't decide which to order, so I ordered 2 instead. Katie and the Caledonian Railway one :locomotive:

According to Hattons listing, it should be a Hornby Peckett R3615....

(fingers crossed!)

The one I've also got on order :senile:

Edited by Ryan91

Having ordered the Little Barford version, does anyone know its history? Little Barford PS is close to me, I have memories of Edmunson being there too. I believe LB went to Bedford PS? Also it ended up at Croydon (as depicted by the model)?

Now the crunch question. What livery did it carry in earlier times?

Stewart

There's a photie of it at Little Barford Power Station in 1954 on page 53 of Eric Sawford's The Last Days of Industrial Steam

Unfortunately its a fairly dark black and white photie but it looks like a black smokebox with a lighter coloured saddle-tank and cab. There's a double light coloured lining on both the saddle tank and the cab - above and below the waist. It looks possible there's a dark line between the two outer ones.

The buffer beam looks quite dark but I'd be wary given the quality of the photie, but there are certainly no wasp stripes covering the front. 

A photie of Edmundsons on the next page doesn't show any lining, but has a curious checqerboard bufferbeam

Someone did suggest earlier that the standard off the shelf livery for Barclays was lined green and the photie of Little Barford would actually be consistent with

H4-AB14-003 - Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST 14” 2134 “Coronation” in lined green

... unless anybody has a colour photie

Edited by Caledonian

... unless anybody has a colour photie

Unfortunately monochrome but 1957.

https://flic.kr/p/a8Z5YW

and from the RCTS Archive.

https://goo.gl/QS1Fpn

Such a pity about the spectacle plates being so high but nowt a little modelling will sort out.

Edited by Porcy Mane

Unfortunately monochrome but 1957.

https://flic.kr/p/a8Z5YW

and from the RCTS Archive.

https://goo.gl/QS1Fpn

Such a pity about the spectacle plates being so high but nowt a little modelling will sort out.

Interesting. The lining shows up quite clearly and the fact its a black smokebox and lighter coloured body, but there's no LITTLE BARFORD name on the saddle tank in Sawford's November 1954 photie.