Andrew Barclay 14" & 16" 0-4-0ST in OO Gauge

Hattons Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After a bit of head scratching and some help from Mr Wibble, I have got my Hattons Andrew Barclay EM'ed. See photo below of it on its final test runs on Hornsey Broadway. It has lost its "Little Barford" name, and I modified the front wasp stripes by painting them out on the smokebox, so they are only on the tank front. it is now awaiting works and Nameplates from Narrow Planet, and will go into the weathering  phase. More on how it was EM'ed can be found on the "EM70's" website at this link. http://www.emgauge70s.co.uk/model_omwb147.html

attachicon.gifEx Little Barford on test on Hornsey Broadway..jpg

Paul J.

Swindon, if you could, could you post some closer pics of the paint mod, I've been too-ing and throwing about which one to get, and seeing this with a modified front end may have swayed me to this one. thank you

Swindon, if you could, could you post some closer pics of the paint mod, I've been too-ing and throwing about which one to get, and seeing this with a modified front end may have swayed me to this one. thank you

I didn't actually take any photos of the mod in progress, but borrowing a photo of the dismantled loco from Porcy Mane's, post,  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126141-andrew-barclay-14-16-0-4-0st-in-oo-gauge/page-42&do=findComment&comment=3136657, I did it by taking off the smokebox front, which will come off with a bit of care, and just repainting it black. You could remove the smokebox front and paint the front of the tank if so inclined, and leave the stripes on the smokebox door only.

post-7146-0-32061600-1547287493_thumb.jpg

Photo by Porcy Mane

post-7146-0-25445600-1547287505_thumb.jpg

The modified paint job being test run on Hornsey Broadway.

I hope this helps in swaying you into buying one. They are a very nice model.

Paul J.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Probably a really daft question here but...

Does anyone know if it is possible to get replacement 'backs' for the cab? I ordered Katie (seduced by the size of those buffers like many of us, I guess) yet want to fill in the back of the cab. Are they available as 3d prints? I'd toyed with selling it and buying another with a full cab back, but I'd rather do some proper modelling.

Thanks for any help.

18 minutes ago, ModellerChris said:

Probably a really daft question here but...

Does anyone know if it is possible to get replacement 'backs' for the cab? I ordered Katie (seduced by the size of those buffers like many of us, I guess) yet want to fill in the back of the cab. Are they available as 3d prints? I'd toyed with selling it and buying another with a full cab back, but I'd rather do some proper modelling.

Thanks for any help.

Proper modellers reach for the plastic card and scalpel ....... !

Regards,

John Isherwood.

3 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Proper modellers reach for the plastic card and scalpel ....... !

Regards,

John Isherwood.

That's the other option! 

Just now, Corbs said:

You could try asking Hattons if they sell spares?

I'd wondered that too. Wouldn't have thought they did but worth asking the question.

• 5 weeks later...

A short running session featuring my pair of Hatton's Model Railways - Andrew Barclay 14" & 16" 0-4-0ST, featuring 14" 2069 "Little Barford" in Acton Lane Power Station Blue with Wasp Stripes and 16" 2226 "Katie" in Lined Maroon, edited with Real Sound.
Sounds are provided by a number of preserved class members from my sound collection, captured at various Gala and Preserved Railways over the past few years.
Hope you enjoy!
https://youtu.be/OyubBuokv1o

2019-05-11_18-43-44-01.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

Great set of photos to use as reference for weathering........but I guess Katie is stored out of use. 

Rob