Andrew Barclay 14" & 16" 0-4-0ST in OO Gauge

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Premium
On 20/11/2020 at 20:03, montyburns56 said:

Hattons have reduced the price of all of them to £84 as part of their Winter sale.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/newsdetail.aspx?id=935

They're annoyingly tempting at that price. I can see quite a few micro layouts being planned what with there being these and Pecketts for £65 at the moment. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MrTea said:

They're annoyingly tempting at that price. I can see quite a few micro layouts being planned what with there being these and Pecketts for £65 at the moment. 

Unfortunately the only one that I really wanted was the CPC version and that's the only one that's sold out. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, johnst said:

My picture, should be credited.

Yep, I totally agree.

That's why I only provided the link to your photograph on flickr in the accepted manner. I did not post the photograph.

If you have a problem, take it up with flickr and their terms & conditions.

P   (a respecter of copyright)

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 4
  • Round of applause 3

On 01/12/2020 at 10:01, cctransuk said:

The link does not work for me - have you blocked it?

John Isherwood.

it appears that the poster has made the image private . this seems a rather sad decision as something like flick is made for image sharing and the poster posted the link , rather than a snip and paste 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, sidmouth said:

it appears that the poster has made the image private . this seems a rather sad decision as something like flick is made for image sharing and the poster posted the link , rather than a snip and paste 

Quite,

why bother to put a picture online if your not sharing it.

I’d be flattered if anyone uses mine.

Recently I found a really grainy low res image of mine from used (lifted from somewhere) on a preserved line website. Instead of going all guns blazing, I simply offered them a high res image instead to use, and asked to include my name, everyone wins.

Not every picture is a worth a million dollars, 99.99% are worth nowt. if they were, ive got 250k to sell and a country to buy and make my own.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 4
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
On 13/12/2020 at 11:38, adb968008 said:

Quite,

why bother to put a picture online if your not sharing it.

I’d be flattered if anyone uses mine.

There are good reasons to put photos online, but not want the world and sundry to have access. For example, given the size of images can exceed email servers, it is a good way of sharing photos between people who need them. We use some photo sharing sites for work sometimes.

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

There are good reasons to put photos online, but not want the world and sundry to have access. For example, given the size of images can exceed email servers, it is a good way of sharing photos between people who need them. We use some photo sharing sites for work sometimes.

Roy

We do the same, but in those cases, you make it private.

indeed my photo archive is on google, but its private, aside of what I chose to share. Though beware, many cloud sites will claim ownership of uploaded material, so if you care, read the t& c’s, if not then go ahead... were banned from using some very well known file sharing and social media sites for work purposes for that reason... as often its not confidential either, they reserve right to use it, even if its a private channel being used within that software being used.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Though beware, many cloud sites will claim ownership of uploaded material, so if you care, read the t& c’s, if not then go ahead.

That is certainly true for some, although paid for providers tend to not be so onerous.

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

I meant when you upload to a cloud that you are paying for...

Roy

So did I.

many services are sold as packages that rely on sub-processors.

Those providing the end service may add constraints on top of those provided by its sub-processors, that may not be apparent had you gone direct.. the transparency may not be as obvious as you think.

Who owns the data, who can access the data isn't always correlated to who pay’s for the service, especially in saas world... in a perpetual license world it is more transparent and closer linked.

Always do your research.

I think were drifting off topic though.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

My BCGB Barclay has run like a bag of spanners since i got it, really noisy, however, it's been cured today by nothing more than unscrewing the screws securing the body, it now glides along with hardly a hint of noise from the motor. It's always something simple!

Edited by Sweep
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 14/12/2020 at 16:58, Ruston said:

I don't know why you're all worried about who may see what data you put online. Bill Gates is going to know your every thought once you've had the vaccine, anyway. :P

Chill out and have another Barclay.

CSM-004.jpg.606370ee47f9fceaba1c908d1d9ab5ed.jpg

He'll be very bored then. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1