Andrew Barclay 14" & 16" 0-4-0ST in OO Gauge

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold

Looking good! I am glad all was not lost when it took a tumble.

Thanks

Luckily I found most of the bits and the majority of the damage was on the black parts which were easily paint matched, the damage to the body was superficial and buffed out (Having decided to have it weathered any shiny bits will disappear)

Plus the livery change hides a lot, as does my poor photography!

I’ve still not decided whether or not to remove the red from the conrods

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have not read the thread from start to finish, but as I spent today volunteering for the first time at 'Rocks by Rail' the Rutland Railway Museum, I thought that you might like some shots of their 14" Barclay, Sir Thomas Royden

post-89-0-28219400-1539456812_thumb.jpg

Nameplate (wooden, as I was informed just as I was about to set to with the polish!)

post-89-0-56667300-1539456891_thumb.jpg

Motion

post-89-0-82239800-1539457046_thumb.jpg

My accomplice for the day was a recent addition to the volunteering team. I thought that I had a mucky job cleaning out the firebox, but his end was much worse. Cleaning the smokebox meant that his pristine overalls were far worse than mine. I think that we each sympathised with the other.

post-89-0-55334000-1539457108_thumb.jpg

Cab fittings and backhead.

post-89-0-88027100-1539457241_thumb.jpg

These two Sentinels were our motive power for the day, preparing for the last quarry day of the season, tomorrow.  From what I was told, there will be three diesels (the two Sentinels and Elizabeth ( link here  http://www.rocks-by-rail.org/exhibit/rh-421436-elizabeth/ ) as well as the Barclay operating. Worth a look if the weather is half way decent and you are in the area.

Regards

Ian

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

That is very nice indeed. There is a 10" Barclay just outside Wellington, New Zealand. Mrs Smith said there would be a divorce if I bought it home....

That sounds like a potential win-win situation!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I was interested to note that some of the Andrew Barclays and the 'P' class 0-6-0Ts are now on sale c/o Kernow Model Rail Centre. They are not second-hand items, but new, having been delivered there from Hattons, according to the KMRC newsletter today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Andy the Tank Engine Rebuild

Sir Flat'um Capp, the mildly obese controller of the isle of Warren railway has purchased Andy from the island's NCB (Nutty Chocolate Bar) factory

He has decided to repaint it and change the livery to one more in keeping with the other locos on his railway, he has also decided
to fit a new cab with a bunker to help 'Andy' to become a really useful engine

post-34603-0-11066400-1541752708_thumb.jpeg

post-34603-0-58998600-1541752719_thumb.jpeg

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2