SECR P Class 0-6-0T in OO Gauge from Hattons

Hattons Dave

That was announced quite a while ago and it's barely five weeks further on. Buy a black one to tide you over, or a nice SR one . . .

Another crisis averted . . .

;)

I know, thats why I'm sulking! 

All these happy folk with their Bluebells, Southerns and Prides of Sussex, etc.......   Bah! Humbug!

There are some great U-Tube videos of the Bluebell P pulling a two coach train with different coaches. I thought on one there were 3 vehicles attached but memory is dim.

Hope they are running the P in the first week of October when I may get a chance to visit the Bluebell. 

There is plenty of video evidence on youtube of Bluebell dealing with 3 mk1s and a vent van on the Battlefield line in 2014. I assume that the gradients must have been gentle!

• RMweb Premium

There is plenty of video evidence on youtube of Bluebell dealing with 3 mk1s and a vent van on the Battlefield line in 2014. I assume that the gradients must have been gentle!

Or the loco has got a bit worse mechanically speaking since then and the Bluebell loco department don't want to take too many risks.

On her recent visit to the Spa valley the load limit was 2 Mk1s - which saw most trains top & tailed with their 33 diesel as a result.

Or the loco has got a bit worse mechanically speaking since then and the Bluebell loco department don't want to take too many risks.

On her recent visit to the Spa valley the load limit was 2 Mk1s - which saw most trains top & tailed with their 33 diesel as a result.

Spa have to top and tail because there is no run round facilities at eridge

I hope that this isn't the case but would make sense. I've not seen either recently steaming P class on a train equivalent to 3 Mk1s on the Bluebell. They have managed some longer combinations of vintage stock:

http://www.train-photos.com/picture/number15251.asp

Even the two Ps together seemed to be limited to 4 large carriages.

Spa have to top and tail because there is no run round facilities at eridge

This is certainly the reason why trains at Spa Valley are double headed, but the 33 will have allowed for the longer train lengths and I'm sure it provided a fair amount of assistance!

• RMweb Gold

During the loco shortage of a few years ago I enjoyed a very spirited run HK to EG and back behind 178 and 323 with, I think, six on. The sparks being kicked out as we headed north through the tunnel had to be seen to be believed, as did the state of the smokebox doors on arrival at Horsted Keynes.

• Like 1

During the loco shortage of a few years ago I enjoyed a very spirited run HK to EG and back behind 178 and 323 with, I think, six on. The sparks being kicked out as we headed north through the tunnel had to be seen to be believed, as did the state of the smokebox doors on arrival at Horsted Keynes.

Were the insects burned or squashed?

• RMweb Premium

There are some great U-Tube videos of the Bluebell P pulling a two coach train with different coaches. I thought on one there were 3 vehicles attached but memory is dim.

Note the use of the term 'or equivalent'

Mk1s are heavy coaches so Bluebell can take three 4 wheelers and the Observation car and still be within the load limit IIRC

Just had my Bluebell running,a superb looking little loco. It stuttered a bit at first, but after cleaning paint and dirt off the wheels it was fine.

Decided it was ready for chip,after fitting body,ran ok then stopped with dead short and smell of burning, heart sank!!

Removed body and found that pick up (red) wire had shorted on rear of motor shaft, the wire is so short that when replacing circuit board it lies in line,and presumably touches,said shaft.

Please be aware that care is needed when replacing board or this could happen to your loco, I managed to hook wire up out of harm's way,and Bluebell is back running. :good:  :good:

Just received a text informing me that Bluebell and the SECR Grey P's will be delivered tomorrow, I can't wait until they arrive. Now to go and give the railway a clean and tidy up in anticipation of the newest arrivals! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Received Bluebell and Primrose yesterday and they're both delightful, running well straight out of the box.

Take note of the Detail Parts you receive - with Primrose only two of three oil cans were included though both had four SR Route Indicator Disks (whereas the accompanying paperwork says three).

In summary, great work Hatton's! :imsohappy:

Edited by jafcreasey
  • Like 12

Just had my Bluebell running,a superb looking little loco. It stuttered a bit at first, but after cleaning paint and dirt off the wheels it was fine.

Decided it was ready for chip,after fitting body,ran ok then stopped with dead short and smell of burning, heart sank!!

Removed body and found that pick up (red) wire had shorted on rear of motor shaft, the wire is so short that when replacing circuit board it lies in line,and presumably touches,said shaft.

Please be aware that care is needed when replacing board or this could happen to your loco, I managed to hook wire up out of harm's way,and Bluebell is back running. :good:  :good:

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I'll add sound to one of mine.

Visiting P Class No 323 'Bluebell' passes the former Great Coles Wood Farm siding in March'18.

29714454_205623250200939_718627446861070

Received #H4-P-011 'Primrose' and #H4-P-012 'Bluebell' yesterday and they're both delightful, running well straight out of the box.

Take note of the Detail Parts you receive - with 'Primrose' only two of three oil cans were included though both had four SR Route Indicator Disks (whereas the accompanying paperwork says three); the disk pictured is not one of those included.

In summary, great work Hatton's! :imsohappy:

I remember when Triang train sets came with an oil can....

But that is a nice loco!  I can't wait for mine to arrive. :senile:

(Well, I can and must, but you get my drift?) 

I received an advice yesterday saying my 'Bluebell' is on her way to Oz now.

The SECR one I ordered will arrive later, of course, but this one will keep me going!

The 3D printed crews are also on their way.

Edited by SRman

Just received my first 3. Will be testing tonight.

Bluebell and 30027 were easy to remove but the SECR grey has a very tight sleeve.

A friend of mine who does N gauge at work says, Bluebell is a work of art.

• RMweb Gold

But that is a nice loco!  I can't wait for mine to arrive. :senile:

(Well, I can and must, but you get my drift?) 

I can't wait for mine to arrive either.

I'm getting very excited now and that's a fact, there, Guv'nor.

But, like you, I have to wait, so I'll be sitting and fidgeting until it arrives.

And that won't be until the Barclays are here, because I'm being tight with the postage.

• RMweb Gold

Two arrived here this morning. Bluebell in particular is indeed a work of art, with my old biology hand lens it was possible for my wife to read the writing on the Bluebell Railway crest, absolutely no chance with the naked eye. They have done a fantastic job on the livery, well done Hattons and the manufacturers out in China.

All the best

Godfrey

• Like 6