SECR P Class 0-6-0T in OO Gauge from Hattons

Hattons Dave

Mike King has drawings of the 6 wheel stock and the bogie coaches. Photos of the bogie stock are 1912, but the trio of 6 wheelers are photographed in the 1920s. Might now consider these designs for next project. 

That is good news.  Quite a lot of your stuff I'm saving up for already, but, with a ready-made loco to go with them, a 6-wheel push & pull 3-set might just shoulder its way to the front of the queue.

Delighted these are coming out, The bank balance is not so delighted. Order and BR Black Late and the Blue schemed loco , I could not resist. The SE&CR livery is lovely too. Must resist.

I couldn't......................

That is good news.  Quite a lot of your stuff I'm saving up for already, but, with a ready-made loco to go with them, a 6-wheel push & pull 3-set might just shoulder its way to the front of the queue.

You might want to check here http://mousa.biz/fourmm/coach/etches4.html to find some etched kits and sides that might be of interest.

Usual disclaimer applies.

Cheers,

David

Come on guys, the Barclay has drawn ahead with 7 pages of interest while we remain at 5. We must find additional things to say about the P class such as:

Look -- the P class also served as an Industrial, there are 2 offered.

Boy this will go well with the Dapol B4 in a harbour setting, a Barclay probably won't.

Wow... they were even used at Folkstone, imagine it helping to push the Golden Arrow - you never saw a Barclay do that....

etc.....

• Like 1

Returning briefly to potentially suitable coaching stock for the 1909-1911 Ps, according to Coachman's former copy of David Gould's Carriage Stock of the SE&CR, the following conversions were made to Push-Pull, with the driving compartments fitted to the Seconds. Dates are not given, however.

ex-LCDR 6-Wheel Composite No.11, built 1893 (date of P&P conversion given as c.1913)

ex-LCDR 6-Wheel Second No. 12, built 1887

ex-LCDR 6-Wheel Second No. 13, built 1889

ex-LCDR 6-Wheel Second No. 57, built 1886

ex-LCDR 6-Wheel Second No. 80, built 1886

ex-LCDR 6-Wheel Third No. 390, built 1891

ex-LCDR 6-Wheel Third No. 391, built 1891

ex-LCDR 6-Wheel Brake Third No. 674, built 1899

No drawings, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Come on guys, the Barclay has drawn ahead with 7 pages of interest while we remain at 5. We must find additional things to say about the P class such as:

Look -- the P class also served as an Industrial, there are 2 offered.

Boy this will go well with the Dapol B4 in a harbour setting, a Barclay probably won't.

Wow... they were even used at Folkstone, imagine it helping to push the Golden Arrow - you never saw a Barclay do that....

etc.....

I seem to recall that when working the Golden Arrow they were used in groups of three, were they not? Now there's an excuse to push the boat out.

Cheers

David

• Like 2

The Mike King book on Pull-Push set has drawings. I'm tempted to have a go at them one day. 

I don't think D&S ever did the driving trailer as part of their range of LCDR coaches, which is a shame. 

Thank you. That is very good to know.

• RMweb Gold

It's not the quantity of the interest that matters, but the quality.

• Like 2

Actually not Southern modellers, South East modellers - what about us poor LSWR chappies, what have these retailer led commissions ever done for us?

Cue Life of Brian skit  :jester:

Using rule 1, one could legitimatize/theorize an actual use of a P on the Wenford Branch. Overlook the windy(as in winding) twisty problem.

In the summer of 1928, it was transferred to Wadebridge Shed for trials on the Wenford Bridge china clay services, but unfortunately the long coupled wheelbase took unkiindly to the many sharp curves and the class was rejected. It was then used on a series of trial runs on the Axeminster-Lyme Regis Branch, but again this was a failure. Eventually in the Autumn of 1928, it was allocated to Battersea Shed for use in the construction of the Wimbledon-Sutton Line.

from http://www.dockyardrailway.co.uk/standard/history/SECR1558.php

Oh my poor empty purse.....