A quick update all the track is now ballasted and painted, after some cleaning up aided by Jims nifty cleaning gauge trains are once again running.  With the help of one of Mrs B beading jigs the hop garden vines have been formed ( super glue over thick cotton thread covered with foam scenic )  although forming the supporting frames and rigging was somewhat bothersome. Gluing these took quite sometime although I quite like the effect if a tad over-scale.  A cheeky bid on that site yielded a Lyddle end Oast house for under a £10 which gives the more typical round drying kiln.  Still lots to do but slowly coming together I even booked the hotel room.

Rough positioning looking about right to my mind and original plan  but lots more to do :o

Nick

Edited by nick_bastable
duplicate image
  • Like 5

Good progress Nick :good:

Look forward to run some blue stuff on it...:D

1 minute ago, bcnPete said:

Good progress Nick :good:

Look forward to run some blue stuff on it...:D

KESR terrier or Thomas :P

hows your entry going ?

Nick

2 hours ago, nick_bastable said:

KESR terrier or Thomas :P

hows your entry going ?

Nick

:rolleyes: Thomas I guess :no:

Not good...Meeth is a dead parrot...About to be consigned to bubble wrap or the skip...when the candle extinguishes after flickering for so long it’s time to move on...maybe more on this tomorrow...

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, richbrummitt said:

I have another blue engine with a face, if you'd like a loan?

ifs its chipped and at DJLC will be welcome to a run on all 80cm of track !

Nick

I have 4 blue engines, but none of them have faces, though they are all DCC.  :D  I even have the Directors Saloon to go with one of them.

Jim

• Like 1

Jim

plan is to make the meet all suitable engines will be welcome  (ie DCC)

would be a pleasure to see any of  the craftsmen and women of the 2mm  associations running on my humble effort

Nick

• Like 1

He'll need his wheels turning down and a decoder fitting but there's several months to sort that and fit a chip. Since this picture was taken he has been gifted some front wheels in a new bogie.20190529_215222.jpg.97f2ec2c6a29c28527e67a77233baf5f.jpg

• Like 6

After much deliberation the plan to have a flying Proscenium arch with lighting has been dropped on the bases that given Line No16 will need to be displayed on a table the arch would impede viewing by anyone standing.   Wood work has been painted including the fiddle area a suitable green as chosen by Mrs B.    Once done and dry the back scene has finally been added and trimmed to size and once again I find myself track testing and cleaning rail.

A rough layout has me doubting the barn as it dominates the scene to much and  possibly spoils and other wise fairly open and given the size spacious  look

I invite thoughts as to which looks better 

Nick

Edited by nick_bastable
  • Like 4

Could the barn and the oasthouse be swapped over?  That way the taller barn would hide more of the exit holes in the backscene and the oasthouse would be less dominant at the front than the barn.

Jim

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

On 16/12/2019 at 17:25, Caley Jim said:

Could the barn and the oasthouse be swapped over?  That way the taller barn would hide more of the exit holes in the backscene and the oasthouse would be less dominant at the front than the barn.

Jim

Jim tried this and to be honest  I do not think so problem is the Oast as there is very little detail on the other side this was the best arrangement I came up with

still pondering and a  broken tie bar did not help today in other news  the track cleaner works very well

Nick

Edited by nick_bastable
  • Like 1