Manning Wardle class H -4mm scratchbuild

On 14/09/2019 at 00:45, AdeMoore said:

Wonderful Dave, I don’t have access to a milling machine but the slide bars are an excellent idea I can use so thanks for that. Where do you obtain the box section and bars please? Size would be handy to. The make slots fit the bars way of doing obvious now you say it, but alas my mind works opposite! Thanks for all your help much appreciated.

Cheers 

I can't remember the exact size but I'm sure it was the smallest square tube I could find and was from either Eileen's Emporium, or Phil at Hobby Holidays.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

These are cracking little locos and superb model engineering.  I can see the pictures of how the build is constructed but how do you seperate the body from the chassis.

I am starting an old I class build in S Scale and trying to determine the best path to fit the motor.

7 hours ago, Timber said:

These are cracking little locos and superb model engineering.  I can see the pictures of how the build is constructed but how do you seperate the body from the chassis.

I am starting an old I class build in S Scale and trying to determine the best path to fit the motor.

There are screws holding the body to the chassis. More screws fix the cab to the running plate and smokebox to the running plate.