Fareham & District MRC RailEx 2017 7th / 8th October 2017

Revolution Mike B

• RMweb Gold

It's nearly that time again folks as Fareham & District MRC's RailEx 2017 rolls in to town on Saturday the 7th, and Sunday the 8th of October.

This is one of the South Coast's premier events and with over 30 high quality layouts, and 25 traders / demonstrations, plus Adult admission for just £6 per day, with accompanied children free, this makes it possibley THE best value for money show this year!

You can find the show at:

Fareham Leisure Centre,

Park Lane,

Fareham,

Hampshire,

PO16 7JU

Opening times:

Sat 10am - 5.30pm

Sun 10am - 4.30pm

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events/15008-FarehamandDistrictModelRailwayClubExhibition

Edited by scoobyra

• RMweb Premium

I shall be there for the second year in a row, operating a friend's 009 layout. I expect another good show, and it's good to see that Oldshaw is still getting out and about, I look forward to seeing it again.

Just finishing some small jobs on Dubmill Sidings (the 0 gauge thingy) before packing it all away in the car and trailer for its 180 mile bounce down to Fareham tomorrow. We are all looking forward to this weekend.

May your " bounces " be few......

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the invite for Oldshaw - it was the layout's first outing under our ownership (Tom, Guy and myself) and we had a great time. 

The layout performed pretty well - errors were mostly down to operator errors. (and a couple with wheelset back-to-backs going astray and the odd dodgy frog switching issue) - plenty for us to learn from!

It was my first trip down to the Fareham show and I was really impressed with the quality and range of layouts on show - some really excellent layouts on show.

Definitely worth a trip out next time the show is on.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the positive comments guys. It was always going to be touch and go, with the GET show on at the same weekend, along with some other excellent shows but I think we managed to have our best ever show to date.

Initial feedback for exhibitors and traders was good and I don't think there were many complaints. The public seemed to enjoy it which is the main thing  :good:  :good:  :good:

Mike