Shawplan - problems placing order!

MikeJT

Hi all,

Is it me or is it nigh on impossible to contact/place an order with Shawplan?

I've tried ringing at the specified time - I must have tried this in excess of 50 times now but the phone either just rings and rings or I've had a message saying orders are only being accepted by post or email.

I've emailed numerous times but have never received a reply.

I've sent emails with payment details and an order (with cheque) by post. Again nothing!

I've been trying this for over 3 months now.

I'm at a loss what to do and there isn't an alternative for the item I need - a roof fan and grille for a Bachmann Class 46 (early Bachmann variant).

None of the usual suppliers have stock for most Shawplan items.

Peter's Spares informed me it takes over a year to get a reply when they chase orders. . .

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Mike

Ha, sorry for replying to my own post!

Tried emailing again today and have received a very pleasant, apologetic reply. Overrun with a large order for a major manufacturer apparently - which can only be good for our hobby!

Thanks all.

:locomotive:

Just done a Google search to see if anyone else was having problems with getting in contact with Brian and this thread answers my question.

I have also been trying for 2 weeks with no response.

As yet no response to emails still, but will contact again and hope.

• RMweb Gold

Ha, sorry for replying to my own post!

Tried emailing again today and have received a very pleasant, apologetic reply. Overrun with a large order for a major manufacturer apparently - which can only be good for our hobby!

Thanks all.

:locomotive:

I had a similar situation about 6 weeks ago. At that time the phone message had changed to one effectively saying it's email or snail mail only. However, he was very apologetic when he replied to my email about a week after I'd sent it, and then turned the order around very quickly.  Afraid he's the proverbial cottage industry.

• RMweb Gold

Puts me off ordering anything when it's such a trial,

Howes used to have some of their bits , but since they lost interest in trains, less so.

, and you think Brians likes the situation?

He's at Scaleforum this weekend which will have eaten into his available time, but perfect for picking up bits and attending an excellent exhibition.

Mike.

, and you think Brians likes the situation?

He's at Scaleforum this weekend which will have eaten into his available time, but perfect for picking up bits and attending an excellent exhibition.

Mike.

True, but I'm not a regular exhibition goer so the entry costs do t really validate going to pick up a few small components.

Just a shame the supply chain isn't better

True, but I'm not a regular exhibition goer so the entry costs do t really validate going to pick up a few small components.

Just a shame the supply chain isn't better

Try Peter's Spares, they carry some of Shawplan's products, mainly for 4mm.

Unfortunately cottage industries do exist, and allowances for the individual's life/family should be made, after all, these people give so much of their time to make the unavailable available in many cases!

I have always had good service from Brian at Shawplan in the past.

Jinty ;)