Class A4 4-6-2 in O Gauge from Hatton's

Hattons Dave

Can anyone else that has one of these confirm whether or not your model was supplied with a steam heating pipe for the front of the loco?  There is a hole present in the body where it obviously should go but no steam heating pipe was supplied in the detailing pack and I have searched the internet but cant find any photos of these models with a steam heat pipe fitted so I didnt know whether it was an omission across the board from Hattons or if it is just my model that has this missing?  Thanks.

See below photo in which you can see the hole referred to (taken from the internet and not of my model)

20200515_122212.jpg

• Like 1

Had to return my model for replacement as there were a few issues with it.  Therefore will see if the replacement comes with the steam heat pipe and let you all know.

Edited by NSP

On 27/11/2020 at 11:11, gordon s said:

Looking at Yeadons, 60011 had tender 5326 from 12/37 to 9/60 and then 5328 from 10/60 through to withdrawal in 5/64. 5326 was definitely a corridor tender. I suspect 5328 was from the same programme of works, but can’t be 100% certain without pics.

Should have ex A3 Corridor tender to withdrawal, I have it as 5326 to withdrawal ( ex Dominion Of Canada).  

• 2 weeks later...

Further to my post above, I can confirm that there was no front steam heat pipe supplied with the replacement model either.

Seems odd as there is clearly a hole in the model for it - perhaps this is just another omission like the hand rail but can anyone else that has one confirm that theirs does not have one either and that it is not just my model?  Thanks.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, jay*bobble said:

Well October  came  and went. Still no mallard and no message from hattons or email to say when thay be hear poor comunication. 

How about you email them directly and ask? Instead of just moaning about it on here. Hattons will know more than anyone on this forum and they don’t spend all day checking this forum for questions. 

• Like 1

Hi All,

one for the DCC sound lot!

just fitted the loksound decoder and there is a hum and stutter at low speeds has anyone else experienced this? Or does the loco just need a good run in?

cheers 

Callum

• 2 weeks later...

Rang hattons first thay said mallard on way. Then in a call a while later they said thay had no idea .then in an email it's been delayed. So witch one is it let's have some transparency. From your self hattons please so we all know where we stand

Strewth, they probably just don't know an exact date. To keep ringing and emailing them asking for updates and then jumping on here isn't going to make them arrive any sooner.

One request, please write any posts in word processing software first to check spelling, punctuation and grammar and copy/paste into here; they are hard work to try and read. Or just stop hitting the same nail.

• Like 5
  • Agree 4

On 28/02/2021 at 13:11, AY Mod said:

One request, please write any posts in word processing software first to check spelling, punctuation and grammar and copy/paste into here; they are hard work to try and read. 

@jay*bobble, banging your head against the keyboard is not an effective method of communication.

Your posts are borderline unintelligible at times, which makes them difficult to read, so most people won't bother. Andy has given you some useful advice to address this limitation. The rest is up to you.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• 7 months later...