Cambrian Models - Ownership change Autumn 2017

lochlongside

Many websites offer a drop-down of add-ons to be included or not - e.g. when buying a motor you can select which gearbox if any to include. So there could be options when ordering to come with wheels or not? Someone has already said you can order wheel from Cambrian separately - so it would need some changes to the webshop but would then cover both camps?

That would be a nice feature, certainly make completing an order easier. My earlier comments were indeed aimed at third party sellers. I should have made that clear. As others have noted, Cambrian have always offered wheels and bearings.

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Slightly concerned , although I have a big backlog of Cambrian kits to build, I noticed yesterday that quite a few items are marked out of stock on the website. This includes what I'm building as rakes, Catfish and Herring ballast hoppers.

• RMweb Premium

Sometimes worth a search on Ebay and some traders at shows etc.  I have managed to track down a few out of stock at manufacturers items and kits that way recently. 

9 minutes ago, Downendian said:

Slightly concerned , although I have a big backlog of Cambrian kits to build, I noticed yesterday that quite a few items are marked out of stock on the website. This includes what I'm building as rakes, Catfish and Herring ballast hoppers.

If you read the policy regarding stock levels on the website you should find an explanation of how the new owners are going to run the business.

it sounds reasonable to me for a cottage industry.

It worked OK with my last order.

Bernard

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I enquirered about 2 kits marked out of stock earlier this week. The responses I received were extremely helpful. The ones I had asked about happened to be related to a batch of similar wagons Mr Taylor was about to make.

Roll on to the end of the week and they are apparently already in the post.  

I think my timing was lucky but the service was excellent. Tom.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

A big shout out for Graham at Cambrian Models - I had been working on a Shark, only to find that one of the side wall mouldings was faulty (extensive sunken sections on the planking). I emailed Cambrian on Sunday, received a reply the next morning, and the replacement arrived today.

First class :good_mini:

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Placed an order with Cambrian on Wednesday, made a school-boy error (not enough wheels) which I missed, got an email from Graham querying it. Additional order placed for which Graham provided a code to zero postage as he would merge the two for sending and all arrived yesterday. What can I say? Fantastic service.

Roy

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1