Peco SL100F when did it change?

melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

Recently bought a quantity of Peco SL100F track and notice that the sleepers have been redesigned since my last purchase less than 12 months ago.

The wood grain is more pronounced and the rail clip is of a different pattern.

Most of the sleepers now have a hollow back apart from a solid block every so often but not at consistent spacing (some are every third, fourth or fifth depending where it is.)

This means if you pin your track you need to know where the solid ones are else risk flattening the sleeper.

I stick mine down with PVA and the new design means there is a lot less surface area for the adhesive to stick to.

the new track is marked: SL-100F, Code 75 00 gauge,C 2015,  Made in England &  has a "Peco Streamline" logo.

I notice no mention of "H0"!

When did it appear?

Cheers

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Most of the sleepers now have a hollow back apart from a solid block every so often but not at consistent spacing (some are every third, fourth or fifth depending where it is.)

This means if you pin your track you need to know where the solid ones are else risk flattening the sleeper.

I stick mine down with PVA and the new design means there is a lot less surface area for the adhesive to stick to.

Slightly off topic, PVA will not stick to the plastic of the sleeper moulding itself, it holds by forming meniscus curves up the outside of the sleepers. Having the hollows inside the sleepers means it will probably hold better.

Andi 

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure all I do know is the none of my Lima Loco's will run on it that happily ran on the previous Code 75 track I purchased. Not only that but my Hornby 73's  and Veps also have the same issue of the Flanges rubbing on the track clips making them growl as they move along.

NOT a happy bunny as it means either re-wheeling everything (definitely not financially viable or possible for me) or trying to get access to a lathe to turn the wheels down ( may be possible).

Either way a Mahooosive Ballache 

Shame as I had no issues with the previous stock 

• 1 year later...