John Day Models

milkman matt

I seem to be a bit behind the times here but, I have just recently found the John Day white metal range of vehicles. http://johndaymodels.webplus.net/index.html

Being fairly new to white metal and having recently built a white metal kit from another supplier that was average at best, I was, of course, a little wary of what would arrive in the mail.

Nevertheless, I decided to bite the bullet and try a couple from this range. I must say, The 2 kits ordered arrived in today's post and, at first glance, look to be very good kits indeed. The two I ordered were SRV06 Humber 16/50 Saloon and SRV79 Austin 16hp Saloon. Both have been recently re mastered by the current owner, Daryle Toney and are a credit to his work. the details are superb. There are minimal parts and no need for assembly instructions as the kits are very simple. As a novice white metal builder, I will certainly be keeping an eye on this range for the foreseeable future.

SRV06 Humber 16/50 as supplied.

post-7894-0-70278900-1506353592_thumb.jpg

post-7894-0-37173000-1506353634_thumb.jpg

SRV79 Austin kit as supplied.

post-7894-0-49897100-1506353557_thumb.jpg

post-7894-0-08307100-1506353520_thumb.jpg

Edited by milkman matt
  • Like 6

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, johndaymodels said:

Hi Matt,

I'm pleased you are a satisfied customer and enjoy the models I produce, you will be pleased to know that I have acquired most of the R Parker range of 00 models and will slowly be absorbing them into the John Day range.

Daryle.

Daryle, by any chance do you know what the future is for the N scale range?

• RMweb Premium

Just to add my two penn'orth, I've got a couple of light commercial vehicles from Daryle's John Day range to put together and they look excellent, and I've also got a couple of Hereford cattle sets and a herdsman/bulls set: they are probably the most realistic cattle figures I've seen!

Cheers,

Mark

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, johndaymodels said:

I saw Rod last week and he is very much pushing on with his N gauge which is already substantial. unfortunately Rod isn't on the net so you will have to write to him;…details in the Railway Modeller.

Daryle.

Daryle

Thanks very much for that reassuring news.  Good luck with the 00 range which is a nice fit with your existing range, with happily few duplications.