RPSI MM Cravens (Set of 3) - Available Oct 14th

NoelG

From 'snapper' on IRM forum. Might be of interest, Pictures  in link.

The RPSI are delighted to announce the arrival of a limited edition run of our Cravens coaches in model form. Produced in 1/76 scale, the limited edition pack feature open coaches 1505 and 1532 along with snack car 1508. The models will only be available as a complete set in their own specially commissioned box. All funds raised from the sale of these coaches will go towards the purchase of a water bowser truck for our steam operations with any remaining funds going to support the restoration of our 121 class locomotive 134.

This production run is limited to 250 units and are sure to be popular with modellers/collectors and supporters of the RPSI. It would be the intention that should these models sell out there will be a subsequent production run of three further open coaches. This will allow people to create and authentic length train of RPSI Cravens coaches. The cost for the limited edition pack will be €159.99. It would be the intention that these models will be available for purchase on the upcoming Munster Double railtour on the 14th of October.

Details and availability of the models for general ordering and sale will be confirmed shortly.

The RPSI would like to acknowledge the great assistance from Paddy Murphy of Murphy Models in the creation of these models and thank him for his ongoing support of the RPSI.

22051170_673111309558500_498211715718632

Great news.  Another superb fine scale Irish Model and available in a few weeks apparently.  Well done RPSI and Murphy Models.  It gets better and better with IRM delivering bubbles soon, tara wagons in the not too distant future, and the imminent arrival of Murphy Models 121 class in all liveries.  It could be an expensive winter! 
Edited by NoelG
  • Like 2

Saw this announcement on Facebook last night, the coaches look stunning.  Hope they do the second run of 3 open coaches and a Heating Van.

Ditto. No doubt Kieran, I'm sure you will be one of the first to make your own RPSI/LMS crimson livery GSV! :)

Edited by NoelG

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed RPSI rail tour today - Munster Double - two 071 locos double heading. Picked up a set of the RPSI 3 Craven Coach sets (for my birthday)

RPSI Cravens on board RPSI Craven :)

post-24395-0-41867200-1508001566_thumb.jpg

Released today on board the 'Munster Double' rail tour

post-24395-0-71248900-1508001424_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Just looked into getting a set of these and it seems to be as made as difficult as possible to Purchase if you are not from Dublin.

Only Stocked in Marks in Hawkins Street, Dublin.  Nothing being sent to Cork, I understand this is done as a Favour to the RPSI though.

The payments method are via a Cheque  I have not owned a Cheque book since 1988. Other options are Getting a Bank Draft  / Postal order . Both are a  Pain in the A$$ these days as well as costing extra money not to mind finding the time to head off to a bank or post office whilst at work.

Ah well it there is a set at the Blackrock show I'll may take one otherwise I leave it off.

Thanks for the clip Noel. Could not help noticing the Cravens seemed a bit unsteady when running, how have you found their running qualities?

Yes the front one was very wobbly but that was just an off centre axle.  They are physically 100% identical to MM Cravens (same tooling).  The only difference is the livery colours, so they should run the same as MM cravens.  I hadn't properly matched the two 071s CV settings for working in consists which seemed to cause some jerky loco action 

Had a look at them saturday on tour,and from what l was told ..170 pre sold 30 sold on train so theres 50 sets left for shop/net sales out of the 250 batch,not bad going at all,paddy M doing delivery saturday morning before talking up his seat for spin.

The payments method are via a Cheque  I have not owned a Cheque book since 1988. Other options are Getting a Bank Draft  / Postal order . Both are a  Pain in the A$$ these days as well as costing extra money not to mind finding the time to head off to a bank or post office whilst at work.

Joining the RPSI is the same experience. No wonder membership is on the decline

I see on a Facebook Santa Trains thread they jumped into the 21st century for Credit Crad Payments amid lots of Grumblese  but seem to slip back again for this Purchase. Some lads overseas to looking to get hold of them. Tough Luck it seems.

Wobbly as hell Noel, Does the Bogie Screw need a Tighten or so?. Looks Fab though, Caught them west of Banteer on Saturday. 

I see on a Facebook Santa Trains thread they jumped into the 21st century for Credit Crad Payments amid lots of Grumblese  but seem to slip back again for this Purchase. Some lads overseas to looking to get hold of them. Tough Luck it seems.

Wobbly as hell Noel, Does the Bogie Screw need a Tighten or so?. Looks Fab though, Caught them west of Banteer on Saturday. 

Hi George

Bogies are snap fit and all seem snug.  The wheels may be slightly out of axle alignment.  Will check their weight as well against some MM cravens.  I'm sure it can be fixed.  They do look the biz though and after the recent rail tour feel quite attached to them. :)

Noel

Some photos of the RPSI 3 coach Craven set
IMG_3164a.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3163a.jpg

They are beautifully finished but do not run well unlike MM Cravens.  Will have to investigate replacing wheel sets or more weight to get rid of the excessive wobble on all three coaches in my set.
  • Like 1