D&S Great Central coach conundrum

• RMweb Premium

bit of a long shot, but just maybe someone can help.

Some time ago I aquired a D&S LNER(GC) matchboard sided coach kit.  The box is labelled as DS 22 60ft composite suburban, however the cut outs for the windows do not match with the drawing on the box.  It seems to be a 6 compartment something, and I am guessing a 6 compartment brake third - the spacings fit.  The full window arrangements are as for 6 third class compartments then an individual window, a pair of windows (double doors?) another individual window and another pair of windows (second set of double doors?) then two individual windows.   The sides are mirror images, so this is almost certainly a non corridor coach.

The suburban brake 3rd is of course a coach that does not appear in Historic Carriage Drawings vol.1.  

My guess is that at some time the wrong box lid had been put on the kit - perhaps DS23 is the correct identification.

Can anyone identify which of Dan's GCR kits this is and or point to a drawing or picture of the real thing or a model.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help

There is a line drawing of that coach on page 411 of volume 3 of Dow's Great Central (end elevations drawn on page 415).  The notes below the drawing read built 1911 at Dukinfield, carriage numbers 4, 314, 316 and 319.  That last individual window you mention isn't a window, but a single door.  Those two sets of double doors you suggested are right. 

• RMweb Premium

Thanks James,

it was exactly those sort of points I was trying to clarify.  The construction is such that everything is very less than clear, with a set of window cut outs, matchboarding with regular cut outs for doors - which has to be cut to match the window and door arrangement.