Summer Hampton Railway - OO & O gauge in a small garden

ba14eagle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

An enjoyable morning spent in the garden, chatting to some retired work colleagues, required some train running. Hornby 5274 is a fairly recent purchase and ran faultlessly.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

During the excellent weather we have enjoyed during the start of June, I set about making a series of garden railway videos, in which, I am going to try and run every piece of stock I have. We are 3 videos in and Ive barely scratched the surface! Lets hope this wet weather passes us by fairly quickly, so I can get back outside and do some more running.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

I seem to have neglected keeping this thread upto date. Well, there has been little to report, with only a handful of operating sessions this last year. Highlight of the year has been the creation of the O gauge baallast train, mainly formed of SKOG "Herring" and "Shark" wagons. Ive a couple more Heljan "Dogfish" to weather and add to the set.

For anyone who may not have seen these via YouTube, here are some links.

https://youtu.be/iKF5JjL3l3c

And another:

https://youtu.be/3Odb1eqLa4s

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

OMG! Summer Hampton is running! Some new items of rolling stock are given a test run on my O gauge garden railway - and I'm happy with the results. But why are O gauge 3 link couplings so bloody fragile? I just have to look at them and they disintegrate. The Minerva Trains Siphon has already lost the complete fitting off one end. Its even worse for those of us who dont have indoor areas and have to get stock out for each running session - the coupling up is a nightmare.

• Like 1

• ba14eagle changed the title to Summer Hampton Railway - OO & O gauge in a small garden