Shipley scrap

• RMweb Gold

This is our micro layout , based on the scrapyard of Crossley and Evans in Shipley , 4ft long and 18" wide with 4 ft fiddle yard . Hopefully will have it ready for the Small Cardiff show in January 2018attachicon.gif

Looks like it's ready already! 1st & 3rd pictures in particular are very convincing.

The layout now needs the fine details added in , the lighting tower needs CCTV cameras and led lights , scrap handlers weathered , signage etc... On a small layout you can really go to town on the detailing which i love doing > Nearly everything on the layout is handbuilt  , like the scrap skips , bridge. First pic is of the planning stage

post-19557-0-82065300-1506798739_thumb.jpgpost-19557-0-06489200-1506798757_thumb.jpg

Edited by bazjones1711
  • Like 7

Nice to see scrap modeled that looks like the real thing  - quite often it seems to have been the contents of a bits box that has been emptied with little reference to what real scrap looks like.

Stu

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Don't forget the saddle tanks that worked there until quite late. :locomotive:

Looks to be an excellent little layout to me.

HI all,

Correct - Andrew Barclay saddle tank in dirty scrapyard blue/black.

I took some photos of the site in 1977/78.

I have a feeling I loaned them to someone and may not have got them back, I will try to locate them (or the negatives).

Thanks

Edited by Scottish Modeller

Dug through a couple of industrial railway books that I thought might have photos of the scrapyard and found this one of Andrew Barlcay 'Harry' at work in the yard.

post-8705-0-63122900-1507707082_thumb.jpg

Taken from 'Industrial Steam' by Ian Allan Publishing. ISBN 0711022305

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1