York Show 2018

john new

Just a gentle reminder that the advance ticket office will close on the 19th March this year. It is still open! But there are only 4 weeks left to get your advance tickets on order.

Car parking is easier on the Sunday and Monday as we have use of the large car park nearer to the pedestrian entrance. On Saturday it will be on the Knavesmire which is a longer walk to the venue. I have no news on the availability of buses from the station yet but either John or I will update once we know.

Peter

There seems to be a problem with the Google app on iPhones and iPads when using the York Show Website to order advance tickets. We are trying to resolve the problem but!!!!

There is a note on the website explaining more.

Can't say much more as I don't (won't) use Google!

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Update on ticket purchasing via PayPal - There is a known problem for users of i-phones and i-pads (possibly other tablets too) which we can only replicate if attempting a purchase OTHER THAN THROUGH A STANDARD WEB BROWSER. However, the suggested fix given on the page works, and links into PayPal correctly when we have tested it with the webteam's own Apple devices. (Google Chrome & Safari definitely appear to perform correctly)

It is so close to Show time we do not wish to risk further breaking what is there now by tinkering with the PayPal supplied coding. Other options will be assessed for 2019 after the Show dates.

Thank you for your patience on this issue.  See you at the Show.

If anybody experiences any problems could they please let either John or I know. Hopefully the fix done by John is OK.

Just yet another reminder that the Advance Ticket Office will close on Monday 19th March. So please get you orders in as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Peter

Ticket requests now coming in thick and fast but please remember the ticket office closes on Monday 19th March.

Sorry but we will not be able to process ticket requests that are received after the 19th.

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Transport update still pending as I am still awaiting info' on the buses.

Will be checking with York City Cncl on Tuesday (when I'm in York for something else) as to whether the A19 roadworks at Crockey Hill are to be suspended over Easter. If not advance warning to beware of possible long-delays just south of the outer ring road if coming in up the A19 from the Selby direction.

• RMweb Gold

The information on the buses should be available by now — they must have been registered (unless they are going to be free). As the availabilty of transport to and from the show is a key factor in determining when (or whether) I attend, I hope this information will be made available A.S.A.P.

• RMweb Premium

Transport update still pending as I am still awaiting info' on the buses.

Will be checking with York City Cncl on Tuesday (when I'm in York for something else) as to whether the A19 roadworks at Crockey Hill are to be suspended over Easter. If not advance warning to beware of possible long-delays just south of the outer ring road if coming in up the A19 from the Selby direction.

Even if the roadworks are suspended and the workforce given a few days off over Easter (I can't see that happening myself) the traffic lights/traffic control will still be in place, so any additional traffic for events in and around the City will add to any existing delays. My advice is to expect delays and allow extra travelling time, or try and pick another route or alternative transport method.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by iands

• RMweb Gold

Even if the roadworks are suspended and the workforce given a few days off over Easter (I can't see that happening myself) the traffic lights/traffic control will still be in place, so any additional traffic for events in and around the City will add to any existing delays. My advice is to expect delays and allow extra travelling time, or try and pick another route or alternative transport method.

Regards, Ian.

I am asking YCC as there have been days when the lights are off with through running.

• RMweb Gold

The information on the buses should be available by now — they must have been registered (unless they are going to be free). As the availabilty of transport to and from the show is a key factor in determining when (or whether) I attend, I hope this information will be made available A.S.A.P.

That may well be the case, it hasn't got to me to update the website. I've chased up the info'.

• RMweb Premium

I am asking YCC as there have been days when the lights are off with through running.

Yep, understand the "through running" but that was with Wheldrake Lane blocked/closed. Can't see Wheldrake Lane being blocked/closed for whole of Easter weekend. Travelled through the roadworks a few times this week and the traffic has been moving quite well all things considered.

Regards, Ian.

• RMweb Gold

Is that registration info' on line anywhere I can look? Aiming to visit the bus company next week and ask in person if I don't get the info by any other route.

Edited by john new

A number of us are trying  to get the information from the bus company. As yet no word! As soon as we know we will get the details to John to go onto the website and post here. There is a very good taxi service that has taxies at the Station.

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Certainly looking forward to this show - we usually manage to combine a weekend away "up north" in York over Easter with a free day so I can indulge myself - last year I even ended up popping back in on the Monday morning and buying a Sutton Class 24...

Is that registration info' on line anywhere I can look? Aiming to visit the bus company next week and ask in person if I don't get the info by any other route.

The racecourse service is not exclusive to one operator and most local operators partake in its operation for major race events. I presume by "bus company" you are talking of Transdev who have operated it for the show previously but you could also try First (York) and York Pullman.

Their is a valid registration for Transdev (named as Yorkshire Coastliner Ltd) hanging over from last years show

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/498917/

Arriva Service 26 provides a hourly link on the Saturday only leaving the rail station at 26 minutes pass the hour and returning from the Knavesmire at 38 minutes past the hour https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/globalassets/documents/yorkshire-services-documents/web-timetables/2017-09-11-26-x26-excel.pdf

There is also Connexions Service 21 which provides a few journeys from the rail station http://www.northyorkstravel.info/timetable/21sep16.pdf (although it does not return pass the end of the buildings see https://www.itravelyork.info/uploads/York_Bus_Route_Map.pdf)

Edited by Butler Henderson

• RMweb Gold

The racecourse service is not exclusive to one operator and most local operators partake in its operation for major race events. I presume by "bus company" you are talking of Transdev who have operated it for the show previously but you could also try First (York) and York Pullman.

Their is a valid registration for Transdev (named as Yorkshire Coastliner Ltd) hanging over from last years show

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/498917/

Arriva Service 26 provides a hourly link on the Saturday only leaving the rail station at 26 minutes pass the hour and returning from the Knavesmire at 38 minutes past the hour https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/globalassets/documents/yorkshire-services-documents/web-timetables/2017-09-11-26-x26-excel.pdf

There is also Connexions Service 21 which provides a few journeys from the rail station http://www.northyorkstravel.info/timetable/21sep16.pdf (although it does not return pass the end of the buildings see https://www.itravelyork.info/uploads/York_Bus_Route_Map.pdf)

We are chasing Transdev for an update on their intentions. All other transport links, including links to the Saturday service bus timetables covering the Saturday of the show, have been reviewed and tested today for 2018. The travel page has been updated, last change (replacement links to Northern's information as they've made website changes) uploaded about 2 mins ago!

Edited by john new
  • Like 1