York Show 2018

john new

• RMweb Gold

Bus update - still no definitive news.

Phone call 1 this morning to Transdev - ring back after 1pm the, person who knows will be in then.

Phone call 2 at 1:45 - they've not come in today - try again tomorrow! 

Will keep trying folks.

Also any non-locals staying over for Easter my wish to note there are some service bus stop alterations in the City centre. All detailed on-line at https://www.firstgroup.com/york/news-and-service-updates/news/lendal-arch-gyratory-and-your-buses 

Edited by john new

The Advance ticket office is now CLOSED.  The final tickets ordered should be posted by this evening. If you have not received yours by Saturday please contact us via the website.

Peter

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have just rung Transdev and they are anticipating the 197 bus link will be running. Timetable hopefully available from tomorrow.

With regard to roadworks

1) on the A19 at Crockey Hill the information given by the City Council varies -

This page states "The work is expected to be completed by Friday 4 May. No work will take place over the Easter weekend, and the road will be operate as normal from 30 March to 3 April in a bid to minimise disruption to road users."  A spokesman today suggested temporary 3-way lights would be in operation over Easter 10am to 3:30; Wheldrake Lane therefore presumably open at those times.

2) on the A64 - A1M to Tadcaster bypass/ & to A1M - Highways England works. Currently 40mph speed restrictions daytime. Some days lane closures etc, 8pm to 6am.

Edited by john new

Good news for car drivers on Saturday.

The car boot sale is not taking place this year so cars can be parked on the firm Racecourse area (just beyond the Knavesmire Stand) instead of the Knavesmire field - mire often being the operative word.

It's a shorter walk too!

• Like 1

I should have had my layout "Meopham East Junction" at York this weekend, thanks to a kind invite by "Big Mal" but I had to turn him down. Although my health is not as it use to be, my dear wife's is worse. She always called on our grand daughter to help whilst I was away but now she has discovered boys.........

I have since sold the layout to a chap in York but he assured me he had no intentions to exhibit it anywhere!

I wish everyone at the York show the very best and hope you have another successful weekend. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Bus updates - Service 197 information obtained over the phone from Transdev today is -

First from station all three days - 09:38 and last from the Racecourse 17:10.

Service frequency - they are aiming for 15 minutes on Saturday and 30 mins Sun & Mon (traffic permitting).

• RMweb Gold

2) on the A64 - A1M to Tadcaster bypass/ & to A1M - Highways England works. Currently 40mph speed restrictions daytime. Some days lane closures etc, 8pm to 6am.

Went through there the last two Fridays early afternoon. Absolute nightmare. Miles of cones with not much happening.

Edited by TheSignalEngineer

• RMweb Gold

Went through there the last two Fridays early afternoon. Absolute nightmare. Miles of cones with not much happening.

Be warned - there are reports that the speed cameras are set to 40 spot on, no little smidge over allowance. There were complaints in the media of someone being knicked for 41mph.

If you went through there on Friday afternoon you should have noticed the signs saying it was over night closures for barrier replacement and that there are lengths with no central crash barrier which is why the limit is in all the time

• RMweb Gold

Be warned - there are reports that the speed cameras are set to 40 spot on, no little smidge over allowance. There were complaints in the media of someone being knicked for 41mph.

If you went through there on Friday afternoon you should have noticed the signs saying it was over night closures for barrier replacement and that there are lengths with no central crash barrier which is why the limit is in all the time

I believe the old 10% allowance has been officially/legally scrapped. Another way of money grabbing by the Govt.

Left North Wales just after 12, Took us 6 hours for what should have been 2.5 hours journey tops due to the M62 accident closure Eastbound and a long, slow detour via Rochdale. Managed to just get Crinan set up before curfew, lighting etc to be sorted in the morning; looks a great show!

• RMweb Gold

Even if the cameras are set at 50mph they would have made a lot of money from the cars that went racing past me. I hope the Highways Agency have got the paperwork right, GMP refused to enforce the cameras on the M60 at first because the correct Traffic Order was not in place.

As far as the work is concerned, the signs have been set up right through for about 6 miles but the barrier had only been worked on for about 2 miles when we went through. Not as bad as some of the antics with 20 mile long speed restrictions on the M6 and M60 and hardly any activity taking place some weeks except during full closures at night.

• RMweb Gold

I believe the old 10% allowance has been officially/legally scrapped. Another way of money grabbing by the Govt.

Not wishing to go off topic of the show but the 10% hasn’t been scrapped, it was one chief constables idea and he has since back down as it can’t be enforced. Car speedos even in modern cars read under at low speeds and over at high. Ie when it says you are doing 30 you may be doing 32.

It is also effected by tyre tread depth and other factors.

Back to the show, looks a good line up and I hope to be able to escape from behind the stand to have a look.

Thanks

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi

It was a comment made by a police person at a conference and has always been discretionary. Shouldn’t be an issue though if you drive to the speed on your cars speedometer as they generally read under (mine by around 2mph).

Cheers

Paul