Church Street

I have finished my Church Street diorama. Another street in my fictitious town of Northall.

I started to create a base. The base is build up with 3cm high card strips on a MDF base.

First, I finished the Assurance Agency. I used textures from several Scalescenes kits.

To finish my diorama, I had to add some pavement in front of the Assurance office. There were also some minor gaps, between the building and the street, I had to fill in. I used some Woodland scenic earth to fill it and gave it some colour with olive green pastel. I also added some grass from Mini Natur against the wall to the back yard and on the corner of the shop.

Finally, I placed my British Railway van in front of the pub. This van I will use on all my diorama’s and can easily be replaced by another car. It is Western based and fits in the right area. Using the van in every layout will give the illusion of a delivery route for the van.

For the picture, with just the diorama, I was inspired by the website of Petite Properties. I think this can be improved by learning how to use my photo program better.

post-11675-0-49154200-1506926174_thumb.jpg

The other two pictures give a street view of Church Street. One is the original picture I made, the other one is photoshopped to create a late 1950’s look.

post-11675-0-94319800-1506926209_thumb.jpg

post-11675-0-25438100-1506926228_thumb.jpg

Suggestions and comments are welcome.

Regards,

Job

• Like 10

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agree with all the comments - wonderful modelling!  Your work is an inspiration to us all...

Perhaps a little lost in translation - what do you mean by "deluded" colouring materials?

I mean by deluded adding a lot of water or flow improver from Winsor & Newton is added to the paint. Maybe it is the wrong word.