Dapol announce 5 new O gauge wagons

MGR Hooper!

Dapol have announced 5 new O gauge wagons based on the 9ft chassis. The are salt van, lime van, 5-plank wagon and two types of 7-plank wagons. The CAD work for these is complete and tooling is commissioned. These wagons are going to be manufactured in their Chirk facility.

More information on their facebook page.

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 2

And some pre-group brake vans, please?

Paul.

Which pregrouping brake vans to you want? we do a LSWR, LBSCR, GER, 2x SDJR and we have others in the pipline all avalble as kits or RTR to order. 

The wagons should compliment our range of pre-grouping wagons.

Marc

• Like 2

Quite exciting Dapol are doing some early PO wagons, although the geographical range of prototypes seems somewhat restricted at the moment. I suppose pre-group brake vans are less likely, as 99 times out of 100 you would need a van for your specific company, of which there were 123, pretty much all individual to one line with a very few exceptions.

Indeed, Gunpowder van, Southern pattern box van, conflat and 9 plank could all still be viable, though underframes may need to be thought about. Minerva may do the gunpowder but probably the improvised kind. Whether the markety can suport two versions is a question of economics.    Southern box and the conflat should be good though. 

We can do you a gunpowder van we have a number of types that are available as kits or ready to run.

Current range

Midland Rly/LMS small

SECRSR/BR 7ton with steel underframe

SECR/SR/BR 7ton with wooden underframe

GER/LNER/BR 9ton 

LNWR/LMS 6ton 

GWR/BR 9ton Z1

Furness/LMS 6ton

NER/LNER/BR 6ton

Under development

Cambrian/GWR/BR 7ton

LSWR/SR/BR 7ton

LSWR/W^D 6ton

MArc

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Have bumped this thread as the August 2018 editions of RM, Model Rail and Hornby magazines have an update on these wagons (don't know about BRM as I don't buy it). The models have reached tooling review stage with ep samples being shown. RM is showing the largest photos of the three mags. They are confirming that production will be in the UK at Dapol's Chirck factory, as originally advised by the op, using the new injection moulding machinery installed last year.

Edited by rembrow
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm happy to note that the PO wagons have been rejigged and appear to be Lionheart clones now.  The first gen. PO wagons were pretty dire IMO.

John

Yes the earlier O gaugePO wagons were produced on a similar design basis to Dapol's 00 standard, cheap and cheerful, with no thought given as to how they could be made much beter for little extra cost. I welcome Dapol's new vision lets hope that Richard Webster continues to give good advice and leadership for years to come.

Norman

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I bought myself the Dapol Lightmoor open wagon, it's a great model, high quality in my opinion. Here are some photographs, on one of them the wagon is coupled to the longer Lionheart Cannop open wagon. I'm looking forward to other Forest of Dean versions.

Jelle Jan

post-26323-0-92177500-1544905327_thumb.jpg

post-26323-0-39176800-1544905327_thumb.jpg

post-26323-0-39176800-1544905327_thumb.jpg

post-26323-0-92177500-1544905327_thumb.jpg

• Like 4