fighting at exhibitions

Selkent

Seriously though, not seen a good punch up at an exhibition since Bachmann stopped selling off their returned stock on their stand.

Normally blood spilt in the first half hour, not to mention cases of concussion from idiots with ruck sacks spinning round.

Surprised nobody's mentioned it before.

Ah the good old days !

Mind you, if someone mentioned Dakota D, that would probably start a riot !

Those of us from the Northern Powerhouse don't enjoy that weak London beer - and certainly not at those prices. We can buy a terrace house for the price of one of your pints up here.

Beats that fairy twiggy merde from north of Barnet. Give me a 7% London murky over some 4% northern flat and dull twigs brown ale.

Seriously though, not seen a good punch up at an exhibition since Bachmann stopped selling off their returned stock on their stand.

Normally blood spilt in the first half hour, not to mention cases of concussion from idiots with ruck sacks spinning round.

Was it last year they had a table selling off the returns in a (otherwise) quiet corner well away from the main stand? In true spirit some were trying the shove and push approach for old times sake - in a smaller space - but the old fashioned punch up atmosphere was lacking and I didn't see anyone put the boot in. . .

You have to be careful when venturing north of the border. This is what one Scottish RMwebb'er and buffer manufacturer had to say in a recent television drama.

attachicon.gifpost-508-0-88845300-1440005618.jpg

(Yet another excuse to post what is perhaps the most repeated photo on RMweb. He-he)

AND those bl**dy Mysterons have been at it again. Trying to impose their track standards on every body they come across!

attachicon.gifOO-body.jpg

If they try anything on at the Hartlepool show this weekend they'll get a right thumping. I've packed my monkey wrench!

P

He's incognito..nae check shirt!

D

He's incognito..nae check shirt!

Aye, but he's shouting oot the side o his mouth. Sure sign that a Jocks spoiling for a slugfest. (So I'm told). He's making up for the lack of the check shirt by wearing that period bonnet. S'pose it keeps the bonce warm and it's somewhere to hide the razor blades, Peaky Blinder style.

Note it's 03:28 hours and I'm up getting early hours boxing training in. A 7:30 starty for a full days modelling ahead. Be prepared and all that. 

P

Those of us from the Northern Powerhouse don't enjoy that weak London beer - and certainly not at those prices. We can buy a terrace house for the price of one of your pints up here.

Yes but would a terrace house in t'north give you anything like as much pleasure as a pint of beer in London? Also  buying such a property might suggest an intention to live in a smoke blackened town surrounded by cloth capped northerners racing their whippets, fancying their pigeons and playing in brass bands.... one shudders at the very thought of it

As for the quality of our metropolitan beers, isnt the venue used by CAMRA for its major annual event a bit of a hint ? Clue... it's not held in Leeds or Manchester.

Yes but would a terrace house in t'north give you anything like as much pleasure as a pint of beer in London? Also  buying such a property might suggest an intention to live in a smoke blackened town surrounded by cloth capped northerners racing their whippets, fancying their pigeons and playing in brass bands.... one shudders at the very thought of it

As for the quality of our metropolitan beers, isnt the venue used by CAMRA for its major annual event a bit of a hint ? Clue... it's not held in Leeds or Manchester.

That's because the light suvern stuff don't travel as well as northern treacle does. So it makes sense to have a pishup tasting session in arty farty land.

Ave it!

Already got me coat, now rapidly exiting.........

Surprised nobody's mentioned it before.

Ah the good old days !

Mind you, if someone mentioned Dakota D, that would probably start a riot !

This picture of Dakota D usually starts a mass riot.   

post-29624-0-15250900-1511186097.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well at least we cant be accused of being TRAINSPHOBIC,      how is your nose by the way, attend one of our model rail piss up nights for the first time and you walk away with a nose bleed.  That my friends is a good night in SE London model train world!

• 2 weeks later...

This railway exhibition violence is even getting mentioned on the wireless.

Just heard some youngster chanting.... OO Gary Davis, OO Gary Davis, OO Gary Davis and his Ratio (model kits).

Wife says that I definitely need new batteries for my ear trumpet.

Yours Aye,

Giz

Drunken little old fellow dressed all in red just acosted me outside the post office, he'd obviously been upseting the locals as it looked like someone had already punched his donkey and given it a bloody nose.

I'll give him HO, HO, HO.

Yours Aye,

Mr Mag OO.

Drunken little old fellow dressed all in red just acosted me outside the post office, he'd obviously been upseting the locals as it looked like someone had already punched his donkey and given it a bloody nose.

I'll give him HO, HO, HO.

Yours Aye,

Mr Mag OO.

Poor old Santa, he's only trying to promote HO, HO, HO, scale.