fighting at exhibitions

Selkent

• RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

I have actually seen a fight at an exhibition, though it was two traders that were 'at each other'.  It was mid-Sunday afternoon and, not wanting to take too much stock back home, one of them offered a very good discount; the other one responded by offering a discount that was marginally bigger than the other.  The first saw this and did likewise; this upset the second, who lowered his prices even further.  This continued on past the point where profit and break-even had been lost as alien concepts, until they had to be separated by some grown-ups.

At school I always seem to remember the "mine is bigger than yours" type of insult leading to a fight, but I didn't expect to ever see two grown men almost come to blows in a "mine is smaller than yours" tiff!

Regards,

Alex.

The connection between violence and model railways is definitely nothing new.

My father was really into his model trains when a youth, and would lay them out on the floor of  the parlour of their house, often just before dinner was about to be served up. My paternal grandmother, who came from Norf Lunnon, used to tell me tales about 'im, and how she got so fed up wiv this, that she would put 'im over her knee and whack 'im with 'er 'airbrush.

When I asked her if she was not worried about damaging the needle valve, she looked a bit non-plussed. They were tough in those days alright.

Edited by Mike Storey

Dont forget any Saffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff London crew, our monthly piss up and ruck, I mean social drinkies night for anyone into Model railways will be from 7pm tomorrow night Weds 20th Dec at the London Theatre, 443 New Cross Road, SE14 6TA.  2 mins from New cross BR and on bus routes 53,453 and 177.   All welcome, drinks at pub prices and we have the whole venue.  Please accept your rucksacks may be search for weapons.   We will also accept people from Kent and other parts of London and home counties.   

post-29624-0-00462500-1513675169_thumb.jpg