Industrial Inglenook in N

After a long absence from the hobby in which I've moved house several times, I've been bitten by the bug again, and have come up with a plan for a mini layout that will be able to move house with me.

Maintaining the 1950s/60s West Riding theme of my previous layouts, I've come up with a mill siding setting for an Inglenook Sidings plan.

post-12808-0-49190000-1508058471.png

The viaduct will either carry a main road, or a main line railway, and will of course serve to disguise the track going "off-scene". The mill buildings will naturally all be in low relief, and will include a long loading bay, and perhaps an engine house. The third siding will serve a local coal merchant, with his yard opening onto the road. The terraced houses will be small "through-by-lights" of the type commonly found in West Riding mill towns.

I'm hoping to scratch build as much as possible like I did on my previous layout, and hopefully that will include the battery-powered controller too!

Watch this space.

• Like 5

I like the looks of this. Just spotting your West Riding theme and Brighouse location (and being a 'bander' myself) would there be potential for one of the mill building windows to house the mill's own brass band? Particularly as your local band won the Nationals yesterday?