*ALERT* Theft of Copenhagen Fields wagons.

• RMweb Premium

Theft of model railway wagons

Whilst unloading the van carrying our exhibition layout “Copenhagen Fields” at the Model Railway Club in London N1, on the evening of 15/10/17, an opportunist thief stole a small black and aluminium case containing 81 wagons and three coaches. These were made by the late Bill Blackburn. They were of enormous sentimental value to his family. He made them with great love and painstaking care. We are particularly sad because, after his death last December, they were a very important part of his legacy to his grandchildren.

We hope that someone will come forward with information about their whereabouts so that they can be returned.

Each item has a conspicuous yellow dot painted on the underside. They are all to 2mm : 1ft fine scale standards and will not run on N gauge track. They are exquisite examples of work in the scale. If you hear of a collection of ‘N gauge wagons’ being sold please let me know. I will update with the police crime report number as soon as I have it.

Please share widely.

I'm very sorry to hear this, I saw Copenhagen Fields at Warley last year and although I'm a 00 man I thought the whole layout was stunning, especially the backscene and the operations on all parts of the layout.

Hopefully the wagons shall be returned soon.

• RMweb Premium

Dreadful news. Every time we take our models to shows this sort of thing is a danger and I have had close friends who have had locos stolen, which were unique models and irreplaceable. It is heart breaking.

Hopefully these will come to light when some toe rag tries to sell them.

Are there any photos that can be put on here so we know what to look out for?

• RMweb Gold

Sadly, an opportunist thief is more than likely to simply chuck them away if he can't sell them, or the bloke who buys them off him will when he realises they won't run on his N gauge train set.  These people are scum; our only recompense is that their lives are crap and unlikely to ever improve.  One hopes that the models will turn up undamaged and that the thief will get his just deserts, though.