• RMweb Gold

Nicely designed, this is going to be a good one.

Ps, I've been doing a little research on Bear Wharf in Reading for a future layout. Seems it was not unusual for a loco to give the barges a helping hand!

Edited by Mikkel

Very nicely staged, even in mock-up it looks such a natural scene.

Could not agree more. The horse and handler in particular look very good, where are they from?  Having seen this I think I need to give some serious thought about figures on my own entry.

Thx

idd

• RMweb Gold

Could not agree more. The horse and handler in particular look very good, where are they from?  Having seen this I think I need to give some serious thought about figures on my own entry.

Thx

idd

Thanks idd, the horse and handler are from dartcastings / monty’s models range.

Regards Paul.

• RMweb Gold

Thank you all for the likes and encouraging comments. Laid the track, decided to glue the rails directly to the foam board, need to weather the tracks, then going to use wills granite sets to infill, hopefully will do this today.post-25708-0-10427100-1508311049_thumb.jpegpost-25708-0-30085600-1508311073_thumb.jpeg

Regards Paul.

• Like 7

Paul, this is looking brilliant. My own plans are still at the "thinking about it" stage !

But I have one concern about your warehouse. Perhaps it's a trick of the camera angle, but does it actually fit the 6" height restriction for the cake box?

• RMweb Gold

Great use of the Scalescenes mill!

post-6745-0-71748800-1508588808.jpg

For those that have questioned the height.

It really is fantastic, can't wait to see it with that canal bridge finished!

Cheers

Ian

Edited by traction
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Paul, this is looking brilliant. My own plans are still at the "thinking about it" stage !

But I have one concern about your warehouse. Perhaps it's a trick of the camera angle, but does it actually fit the 6" height restriction for the cake box?

Hi Kiwi, Thank you. yeah the building is just under the 6” height restriction. Although I could do with buying a cake box just to check it does all fit.

Regards Paul.

• RMweb Gold

This is excellent. The colours not least, they set the period in themselves. And Andrew's figures fit the bill perfectly.

Can I ask how the warehouse was done?

Hi Mikkel, Thank you. The warehouse is a modified Scalescenes kit. Wills slate roof tiles and down pipes added. I’m a big fan of cardboard kits but like to kit bash them.

Regards Paul.

• RMweb Gold

Great use of the Scalescenes mill!

attachicon.gifT026c_Gallery06R.jpg

For those that have questioned the height.

It really is fantastic, can't wait to see it with that canal bridge finished!

Cheers

Ian

Thank you Ian, well spotted, the height is cut down slightly from that of the original kit. Like yourself I do love these kits.

Regards Paul.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Can I suggest a smear of filler over ( more between) the cobbles and the setts on the bridge?

This will reduce the depth of the gaps between the individual stones, sometimes to nothing and helps to disguise the Wills' origin.

• RMweb Gold

A little bit more done today. First a buffer stop made from coffee stirrers. Thank you well known coffee shop. Then a street light added. Wasn’t going to add any lightning but found this one in my spares box so thought what the heck. Wired it up to a battery pack that used to power a small set of fairy lights.

post-25708-0-23209200-1509382798_thumb.jpegpost-25708-0-43508100-1509382822_thumb.jpegpost-25708-0-65233800-1509382849_thumb.jpegpost-25708-0-08673200-1509382865_thumb.jpeg

Thanks again for all the likes and comments. More to follow.

Regards Paul.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Paul,

While I do love your scene in its entirely, I have to say that your figures simply blow me away.  The painting of them is superb - I had to make sure you weren't making a 1/24 diorama.  Perhaps a tutorial on your method?

Dave

Thank you Dave, Scenic and figure painting are definitely my favourite bits of this hobby. Andrew stadden and Dart Castings figures are a joy to paint. Will have to do a tutorial at some point. You should have a look at Mikkel’s. The Farthing layouts, he is truly a master at figure painting.

Regards Paul.

• RMweb Gold

Superb atmospheric work Paul, you can feel it just by looking.

Just a insy winsy thing though, I think the buffer looks somehow 'wrong' Might be that the uprights are to tall.

Thank you. Yeah not sure about the buffer, although it looks a bit better now I’ve added some greenery around it.

Regards Paul.