Scratch building GNRi wagons and loco

Guest ConventSiding

Guest ConventSiding

In the absence of a satisfactory track plan and layout, I've decided to start work soon on a series of GNRi wagons and hopefully move into part-conversion of existing RTR 4-4-0s to GNRi S, UG and U class. A small test track will be enough to get me started and as winter turns to summer I should have some idea as to what I want to model.

Guest ConventSiding

My intention is to build as many as possible that frequented the Derry Road. This will include cattle, open, covered, brake, coal, van and most interesting the weedkiller. I have a nice selection of GNRi single brake lever that were cast in white metal and a selection of brass w-irons and white metal axle boxes. I'm currently setting the workshop up so there are a few tools on the way that I need before I start. It's a winter project so please be patient, I will post pictures, don't worry.

Guest ConventSiding

My GNRi workbench is now in place and most tools and materials are there to begin work. I'm just waiting on a 5' fluorescent LED light fitting to give me adequate lighting and I'll be starting to scratch build and assemble some rolling stock. To be honest, one of the main reasons I came over to this forum was that I just had to see Kirley Junction!