Roco NS 1600/1700/1800 Class loco

Northpoint

I have a Roco Dutch electric loco numbered 1823.

Can anybody enlighten me as to the difference (if any) between the 1600, 1700 and 1800 series.

Also, if I chose to renumber it, anybody know of a source of decals/transfers for modern NS locos and stock?

Thanks in advance.

post-6943-0-69473700-1508339636_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nick , 1600s are the original build series , those still in the 1600 series are freight only locos belonging to Railion.

1700s are a later build , with different internal gubbins to 1600s . 1701-1729 were fitted with auto couplers for use with double deck push-pull trains (as you have in the picture) , the remainder have normal couplings and can mainly be seen now on the IC trains from Amsterdam to German.y , as well as push pull DD sets where there is no need to have an autocoupler

1800s were 1600s renumbered by adding 200 to denote that they belong to the passenger sector - I don't think there are now any 1800 series left in passenger traffic

Cheers

Rich

Nick , 1600s are the original build series , those still in the 1600 series are freight only locos belonging to Railion.

1700s are a later build , with different internal gubbins to 1600s . 1701-1729 were fitted with auto couplers for use with double deck push-pull trains (as you have in the picture) , the remainder have normal couplings and can mainly be seen now on the IC trains from Amsterdam to German.y , as well as push pull DD sets where there is no need to have an autocoupler

1800s were 1600s renumbered by adding 200 to denote that they belong to the passenger sector - I don't think there are now any 1800 series left in passenger traffic

Cheers

Rich

The 1600 / 1800's were also able to work in pushpull with the older double deck stock.(LIMA model this although not scale length)

Sorry no idea on the transfers, would suggest searching the Internet as someone is bound to produce them.

Thanks,

Neil

Klienspoor transfer sheet 142 would proberbly be what you want.

http://www.kleinspoor.nl/pagina728.html

You could also see in ROCO do a transfer list as a spare part, as they used to do a 16/17/18 loco where you could Add your own numbers. I have one of these, and I will take a look if this is stil avalible as a spare. (My one of these older Roco 1600’s is sitting around as I have been scratching me held om hoe best to convert iT to DCC). Klienspoor are very good to deal with and the transfers are good quality and reasonably priceed and should not cost the earth to send.

Klienspoor transfer sheet 142 would proberbly be what you want.

http://www.kleinspoor.nl/pagina728.html

You could also see in ROCO do a transfer list as a spare part, as they used to do a 16/17/18 loco where you could Add your own numbers. I have one of these, and I will take a look if this is stil avalible as a spare. (My one of these older Roco 1600’s is sitting around as I have been scratching me held om hoe best to convert iT to DCC). Klienspoor are very good to deal with and the transfers are good quality and reasonably priceed and should not cost the earth to send.

Thnaks for that. I have been in correspondence with Edwin at Kleinspoor, and I agree - he is very helpful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thnaks for that. I have been in correspondence with Edwin at Kleinspoor, and I agree - he is very helpful.

I have bought quite a few things from Edwin over the years including a large number of his dry rub transfers. Some interesting kits in his range as well.

Always a pleasure to deal with

Andy

• 2 weeks later...