Route-setting problem.

HLT 0109

What Nigel said: there's a closed bracket missing from the end of the turnout list, and a closed parenthesis missing at the very end. If you compare your text with the text I posted in #17 you'll see the differences.

You might want to download a (free) copy of pycharm. It actually highlights errors like that in red. Even Notepad++ (also free) is much better than notepad.

https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/

Thanks Steve.  How odd though, when I copied your post, the two brackets were not replicated - that or my brain needs de-bugging!  Many thanks for the link

• 2 weeks later...

I see that it is two weeks since my previous post in this thread - it seems much longer!

However, I am pleased to report that the problems have now been overcome.  Thanks to the patience of Steve in dealing with a programming numpty, I now have twelve routes saved as python scripts which are triggered via the Routes Table in Panel Pro.  If necessary, I can vary the delay between adjacent trigger actions if the points share a CDU, in order to give the CDU time to regenerate.  Steve did say that the job could be done with a single script but I have decided to quit while I am ahead.

Many thanks to all who contributed to the debate.

• 2 years later...