Cornwall Model Railway Exhibition

Trevoran

Cornwall Model Railway Exhibition 2017

The Cornwall Model Railway Exhibition 2017 is one of the largest in Cornwall and features over 18 layouts across a wide range of gauges, many of which are from local model railway clubs.  A highlight will be the first public showing in Cornwall of part of the Dunsmore Heath, a GWR mixed gauge layout in O Gauge.  Amongst the layouts will be the Hornby Railway Collectors Association showing and operating their display of vintage trains and toys. The exhibition is supported by a number of traders selling a wide range of new a second-hand model railway items, and items for railway modelling, just in time for some Christmas shopping.  Refreshments available all day

Due to the refurbishment of the Carn Brea Leisure Centre’s Pool, the main entrance is at the rear of the centre, accessed from the main car park.

web site : www.cornwall0gauge.org.uk/exhibition

Facebook:  www.facebook.com/CornwallModelRailwayExhibition/

Date: Sunday 5th November 2017

Opening times : 10:00 – 16:00

Location Carn Brea Leisure Centre, Station Rd, Pool, Redruth TR15 3QS

Entrance fee  Adults £4.00 , accompanied children free

The exhibition is organised by the Cornwall O Gauge Group.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Visited this today, and was pleasantly surprised by what was on offer. The quality of the layouts was generally good, with those that didn't appeal to me, appealing to my children. 

Hi

A big thankyou to Ian & the crew for inviting Haydon Gurney & for putting on a very enjoyable show.

The team made us (myself & SWMBO ) very welcome.....

SWMBO came along to help as my regular helper could not be there.....

Although the train service was not prototypical she seemed to enjoy herself & certainly enjoyed entertaining the kids....

& at the end of the day if one of those kids goes on to join the hobby then in my opinion it was worth it....

Thank you again & apologies to any purists but I got a lot of interest & lots of questions from both young & old...

Cheers Bill

In todays world, the show has to appeal to train enthusiasts and the general public.  To have a provincial show geared to purists only would be a financial disaster so there has to be something to appeal to the general public. Something they are more familiar with other than BLTs etc. like OO layouts, Dublo, even tinplate trains which are probably the most appealing of the lot, especially to kids and their parents.

Brian.