Dock Street Sidings - has a new owner

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, marc smith said:

The new owner has a cracking little new layout there, and I hope he is very pleased with it... I'm sure that'll be the case :)
PS @Gilbert - if you fancy moving your other layout on.... ;) 

Thanks Marc - some photos this evening, bit of re-wiring and new owner collects on Saturday - all within safe working arrangements obviously!

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Wayne

In view of the change of operator we've had a few engineering trains at Dock Street over the last week or so

50352596306_7ef9e4902f.jpg

I've just got some bits for a Dock Street replacement - under the circumstances it may be "Lock Street"....going back to Peco "Old style" Code 75 for a slightly more compact track layout in an urban setting.

Penmaenbach is to all intents complete. I finished the new signal box last night.

50368015071_7fcbd262f9.jpg

50282442216_01fa051c3a.jpg

In the mean time my Lockdown project has been completed - Lockdown Fen - a Scale Model Scenery "RUB" layout

49970902587_41c02458d0.jpg

49937838827_b9dde34bd5.jpg

49937018808_4c25884c25.jpg

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Wayne 37901 said:

Hi Chris,

As Marc says I'm sure the new owner will get a great deal of enjoyment out of Dock Street.

PS Me and Marc don't live far from each other so a bidding war may ensue if you decide to move the other layout on. :derisive:

Time share? ;)

• Funny 2

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I'm a bit busy with a new project at the moment....

What? Another one! :o Wow - you're keeping busy mate....
Where are you getting all this time for modelling? Don't tell me - It'll only make me jealous! lol :) 

Somehow, I found time to build 4 layouts, and start a fifth - all within a two year period... somehow ha ha 
Alas, that was some years back now - perhaps I felt younger then?  ;)  

Looking forward to seeing this one progress too @Gilbert Although it'll probably be finished by the time I've typed this reply :) :) :) 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, marc smith said:

What? Another one! :o Wow - you're keeping busy mate....
Where are you getting all this time for modelling? Don't tell me - It'll only make me jealous! lol :) 

Somehow, I found time to build 4 layouts, and start a fifth - all within a two year period... somehow ha ha 
Alas, that was some years back now - perhaps I felt younger then?  ;)  

Looking forward to seeing this one progress too @Gilbert Although it'll probably be finished by the time I've typed this reply :) :) :) 

Marc- sadly all I've done is paint a (plain) backscene and start a bit of wiring...the plan is to assemble as many bits as possible before the big push rather than do little jobs along the way..

50470559147_d28f7b5b32_z.jpg

50477172063_d4c58daaec_z.jpg

I have however been experimenting with card for structures though...a trial build of some downloaded Scalescenes retaining wall..

50451867952_55d0f66e34_z.jpg

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 5

Ok, thanks Gilbert.  As I'm trying to plan a similar style of layout myself, without success at the moment, I will look forward to seeing this :)

Edited by sb67
  • Like 2

Looks an interesting project Chris.

Like @marc smith said I'm impressed where you find the time. I've just started planning the rebuild of my steelworks layout, but time seems to fly by and when I look at what progress I've made it doesn't look like much.

I do have a week off coming up though so I've set myself a deadline of cutting the first timber then.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 14/10/2020 at 10:23, Gilbert said:

I must start a new thread in case the new owner of Dock Street decides to update us ....under the circumstances my new one may be "Lock Street".......sorry....

Base it in Bristol...........Lock Down....

I'll get my hat and fleece.........

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, NHY 581 said:

Base it in Bristol...........Lock Down....

I'll get my hat and fleece.........

Rob

Good call but Lockdown Fen was my first "Lock in" project.....sorry...

49970902587_41c02458d0_z.jpg

49937838827_b9dde34bd5_z.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

That's rather nice,  Chris. 

How did I miss that...nice use of the Hornby Weighbridge by the way. One of their better efforts. 

Rob

• RMweb Gold
Just now, NHY 581 said:

That's rather nice,  Chris. 

How did I miss that...nice use of the Hornby Weighbridge by the way. One of their better efforts. 

Rob

Looks even better now its fixed down and bedded in! I agree btw but it needs careful handling....

I have not really posted much on Lockdown Fen ......I must get round to it...quite a bit of weathering required....

• Agree 1