Dock Street Sidings - has a new owner

• RMweb Gold

I'm not surprised it was well received Chris, it's lovely. Beautifully built and presented, it captures so much atmosphere in a small space. I particularly like the picture of the 25 going under the bridge. Well done!

Thanks

There's more...

post-1107-0-78709800-1509217674_thumb.jpg

post-1107-0-75751400-1509217661_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

The lighting is very effective especially with the simple skybox  , any chance you could share what you are using for the lighting rig ?

Two mains powered screwfix small fluorescent tubes running the length of the layout fascia.

I did originally try a LED strip but whenever I moved I could see the dots reflected on the rails so binned that arrangement.

Anyway I use the tubes on all my layouts so have lots of cables and spares so it makes sense really.

ATB

Chris

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Fantastic little layout, cant wait to see more photos, what's the overall size?

Steve.

4' by about 9" with a small shunting lead of about 1' (not needed if an 08 is used at home and I ignore the "cement" siding)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Very nice layout, the weathering of the locos and stock is very good.

Martin

Cheers - mixture of my own and some custom weathered by Dirty Boy. Blue diesels are all my own work - mainly done at Missenden last weekend.

• RMweb Gold

Saw this at the Cheltenham show on Saturday. It really looks superb, and shows how much can be put in a small space.

What are the dimensions please?

4' by about 9" with a small shunting lead of about 1' (not needed if an 08 is used at home and I ignore the "cement" siding)

• RMweb Gold

Quality  - a good mix of traction to span most eras.

Ian

I do have a small stash of more modern 1980s railfreight stock undergoing weathering to go with the motive power but that needs longer points and sidings - I reckon a 6' twig should suffice...

I may use P*co B*ll head track but hopefully I'll get away with it...

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Due to a late change of plans this layout will now be at StowRail on 20 May - come and have a play...

Also booked in for Ross in August, Thornbury in November and Weston Super Mare in January 2019

Chris

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This layout looks great! The colouring of everything is just right.

Thanks - one of the great lessons learnt from my weathering Gurus - Tim Shackleton and Mick Bonwick - is the use of photos:

Rule 1 - Reproduce what you can see - not what you think you see.. I have really tried hard to get the colours as I want them so I'm really pleased by your comment.

Rule 2 is put the lighting on first and use it when you are building the layout

Chris

• Like 4