Dock Street Sidings - has a new owner

Hi Chris,

Hope you don't mind me sharing these but here's a couple of photos I took of Dock Street while operating at Thornbury.

A quite moment at Dock Street as the shunters take a break and head to the bothy for a cuppa and a sarnie.

post-6773-0-71169300-1545853172_thumb.jpg

20172 sits ready to leave the yard with a speedlink trip working.

post-6773-0-32108000-1545853216_thumb.jpg

Just a few wagons left in the yard for the next trip to sort out.

post-6773-0-86257700-1545853240_thumb.jpg

Thanks for letting me have a play once again, I've decided to introduce a card system for my shunting layout Tunnock Yard, in addition to this there will be fixed trains that arrive to run round.

Cheers

Wayne

Edited by Wayne 37901
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Some pictures from WSM - you may spot I've been experimenting with greenery...

post-1107-0-53662100-1547713366_thumb.jpgpost-1107-0-34222300-1547713376_thumb.jpg

Always been a fan of your layouts Chris, nicely done.

It's mutual btw.

Chris

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 9

The Extra greenery looks good Chris. 

If I may make one suggestion, the tree at the level crossing end looks like it dominates the scene a little too much.

Purely a thought of course, it's still a great layout. I intended to come down to Weston but work got in the way.

Cheers

Wayne

• RMweb Gold

Some pictures from WSM - you may spot I've been experimenting with greenery...

The Extra greenery looks good Chris. 

If I may make one suggestion, the tree at the level crossing end looks like it dominates the scene a little too much.

In a similar vein, I don’t think it’s the size but the location. Try moving it closer to the end, to balance the trees on the road side. This will frame the layout, and balance it in a Norman/Rice style.
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

In a similar vein, I don’t think it’s the size but the location. Try moving it closer to the end, to balance the trees on the road side. This will frame the layout, and balance it in a Norman/Rice style.

I never thought I'd get mentioned in the same sentence as Barry Norman and Tim Rice..... :onthequiet:

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Lovely stuff and inspirational for something I’m working on. Have you used Magnets for the Kadees (if so, what) or do you manually operate?

Hi Jon

I have one Code 83 magnet between the rails (which are code 75) one wagons length back from the first point - near the small office building. One is enough because of the delayed action - as long as track and layout are level!

I have a skewer near to hand for any fiddling that is needed.

Reliability is not bad but NB I've used boxed couplers rather than those designed for NEM pockets for everything but the locos and I use a box coupler equipped brake van coupled to the loco for shunting purposes.

Chris

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks for the kind words - Yes - its bog standard Code 75 - it was  just built quickly as a test track but then it got a life...I'm experimenting with a slightly larger version using the new Bullhead Peco track. Simiar plan but with single branchline at front of Inglenook for DMU etc if wanted. Working title is "Exchange Sidings".

ES P1300924 comp.JPG

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 15

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...