Dock Street Sidings - has a new owner

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 37114 said:

Lovely looking layout Chris, apologies if I have missed this but what are the dimensions please? It would be a great 7mm plan....

Hi Rob

5' by 1'6" in old money plus a 2' fiddleyard ( which itself has got a small extension I added later so I could shunt a decent rake of wagons with a Class 40!

Boards were a special from Grainge & Hodder

Cheers

Chris

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

This looks fantastic - I've admired, and been lucky to see for real, your other layouts and this is right up my street. I had an inglenook which I sold as I got a little fed up with it - this combines it well with a running line and more operational interest.

Its all good but I love the bridge over the sidings and variation in arches and span - its a real inspiration to get on with something myself. The 5 to 6 foot layout is something I like the idea of....it is big enough to do something like this, but not so big that it is un-finishable or difficult to move/lump about. As mentioned above...it also transfers to 7mm well too.

Thanks for sharing - I think it deserves a thread of it own!

regards,

James

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, jamest said:

Hi,

This looks fantastic - I've admired, and been lucky to see for real, your other layouts and this is right up my street. I had an inglenook which I sold as I got a little fed up with it - this combines it well with a running line and more operational interest.

Its all good but I love the bridge over the sidings and variation in arches and span - its a real inspiration to get on with something myself. The 5 to 6 foot layout is something I like the idea of....it is big enough to do something like this, but not so big that it is un-finishable or difficult to move/lump about. As mentioned above...it also transfers to 7mm well too.

Thanks for sharing - I think it deserves a thread of it own!

regards,

James

Consider it done...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Consider it done...

Great.....I didn't intend to turn it into a campaign!

will follow with interest - hope to see it near the south west at some time.

regards,

James

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, jamest said:

Great.....I didn't intend to turn it into a campaign!

will follow with interest - hope to see it near the south west at some time.

regards,

James

First outing is StowRail in May - bit far north for you!

10 hours ago, tractionman said:

The way the layout scenics blend into the backscene looks great, really convincing, there is a real depth to the scene. 

Very nice indeed.

cheers,

Keith

What is the  source of the back-scene?

Stu

• RMweb Gold
On 28/01/2020 at 21:43, Wayne 37901 said:

Hi Chris,

Will look forward to seeing Dock Street again at Monmouth, I've got that Sunday off now so I'm able to pop along.

Cheers

Wayne

Cheers Wayne...we may have a slightly older locos in use if the mood takes us...

DP1010620.JPG

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Cheers Wayne...we may have a slightly older locos in use if the mood takes us...

DP1010620.JPG

Boo! Just kidding, see you there.

Sorry if I missed it before but what's your method for doing areas of ground where vehicles park?

Cheers

Wayne

7 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Hi Wayne - I use wood ash from a log burner over Humbrol light grey aerosol. If you want some ash I can bring a bag to Monmouth - very reasonable rates ;)

Well I do have some ash from BBQ coals somewhere, maybe that would work?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've had confirmation that Dock Street Mk I will be attending the GCR/SVRMC Quorn show in June.

We may revise the presentation - the informal sit down and chat approach may not work for a large and swift-moving audience plus we need to decide how to deal with the characteristic bouncy floor in the marquee - not exactly Kadee friendly...Anyway we are stil looking forward to it.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 23/02/2020 at 18:59, Gilbert said:

I've had confirmation that Dock Street Mk I will be attending the GCR/SVRMC Quorn show in June.

Oh no it won't.....

Stay in everyone..

Chris

• Friendly/supportive 4

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good morning all.

The only remaining possible booking for DSS has disappeared  and I've already ordered track and boards etc for its even smaller replacement. This means the layout needs a new home - if you are interested do get in touch.

Chris

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2