Weaver Hill 4 Track Mainline Sheffield MRE 13th & 14th April 2024

Benjamin Brady

• 1 month later...

Good evening 

Not much to report, a few minor scenery changes before our next show this Saturday , at Shrewsbury  will post details later along with photo .

For a change in a months time out again , but going to do something different , we will try and do Virgin trains through the years covering also the East Coast trains .

Hi All, 

Well it is nearly time for Weaver Hill to head out again. Another fairly local show at Shrewsbury this Saturday. We shall be setting the layout up tomorrow at the show and look forward to another day playing trains. 

Another folly has been added to the layout now. 

A little off the usual period but here are some photos of the latest addition with a Q6. 

q6 1.JPG

Q6 2.JPG

Q6 3.JPG

Q6.JPG

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

6 hours ago, Benjamin Brady said:

Hi All, 

Well it is nearly time for Weaver Hill to head out again. Another fairly local show at Shrewsbury this Saturday. We shall be setting the layout up tomorrow at the show and look forward to another day playing trains. 

Another folly has been added to the layout now. 

A little off the usual period but here are some photos of the latest addition with a Q6. 

q6 1.JPG

Q6 2.JPG

Q6 3.JPG

Q6.JPG

Hi Benjamin,

Where did you buy your Purple flowers from ???

(around the castle entrance)

Have a Good show.

Cheers,

Paul

Evening Paul

Flowers were brought from " layouts 4U " £1.00 a packet , then sprinkled on woodland scenics Dark Green clump foliage and built up , the purple then added after , as you can see i like Rhododendrons , hope this helps ?.

And thanks we will hopefully will enjoy ourselves .

7 hours ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

Cracking modelling and great pictures. Good luck with the show at the weekend.

All the best

Dave

Thanks Dave 

Only bad news is , no Bachmaan class 90's thought they would have been here , oh well there is always the next show .

8 hours ago, Benjamin Brady said:

Thanks Dave 

Only bad news is , no Bachmaan class 90's thought they would have been here , oh well there is always the next show .

That's a shame. Even though I only have space for N gauge at home I am looking forward to seeing the Bachmann 90s. From the pictures so far they look like they will be a cracking model. I am keeping my fingers crossed they scale them down at some point in the future because I am not sure my wife will agree to buying a bigger house just so I can change scale and get some new class 90s to run :mocking_mini:.

Even though they won't be there for the weekends show, at least it give's something to look forward to in the future. I a sure when they do arrive they will look brilliant running under the wires on your layout.

All the best

Dave

Hi Dave, 

There is nothing wrong with n gauge though and when you see what you have achieved it could easily tempt me away from 00. When they do arrive they shall be added to the stock Weaver Hill fleet. We are running the layout in BR at the next show so it does give a chance for the swallow one to stretch it's legs. 

I've currently got two Hornby ones on the workbench at the moment. 90019 and 90034 hopefully 90019 shall be at least finished this weekend to run on the vtec set. 

Benjamin 

• Like 1

Good Afternoon All,

We have returned from the Shrewsbury show now. An enjoyable day was had by all attending and the selection of cakes provided by the hosts were most welcome. The only real issue facing us was the different levels the floor appeared to be on. Having to pack at least one end of the layout up by 2 inches. This then left a sky jump for the trains to negotiate in the fiddle yard. Most items of stock though eventually settled in and ran well.

Despite the poor running faced at the start of the show we must of impressed the public as we were awarded best in show by the public.

The layout is amazingly showing some signs of wear and tear now and it does need to have some cosmetic work done before its next outing. We shall also look to upgrade the back scene. All being well the issues faced with the signals shall also be solved and they shall be up and running. Dave who has this project in hand has informed us that these are not ready to be installed again.

For it's next outing at Crewe Heritage Centre we shall be back dating the layout to 2000.

As always pictures are to follow.

Benjamin

• Like 1

Sounds like a great show. Congratulations on the award it's well deserved. 

I'm looking forward to both the photo's of the show and the rolling back to 2000. I guess all the intercity livery stock had probably been repainted by 2000, but hopefully plenty of class 90s.

All the best

Dave

Good Evening, 

Well after uploading the photos it appears I did not take all that many over the day. I never even managed to capture a Class 90 in a show. That is surprising considering there was at least 5 running over the course of the day. The light loco move with the two Freightliner locos looking very at home on the layout. 

Anyway with the next show only 3 weeks away I'll make sure to take some more happy snaps. The few i did take focused on the more scenic aspects of the layout and as always one overall picture of the layout set up. 

Benjamin 

PS I add one oddity courtesy of my brother. 

Acela.JPG

Shrewsbury 1.JPG

Shrewsbury 2.JPG

Shrewsbury 3.JPG

Shrewsbury.JPG

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Good Morning

Well that's all the stock packed for another weekend away with Weaver Hill. There have been quite a few alterations to the loco roster for this weekend though. Noticing that Euxton & Balshaw lane are there we have decided to change our location for the weekend to the East Coast. 

This does mean we get to take our East Coast fleet out. As the layout can be ran from 1996 - present day we have decided to show the East coast mainline though the livery changes seen over this period. What this means is that people from all generations who have grown up along the East Coast Mainline attending the show shall defiantly see something they know. You can slip back into the seat of the train and take yourself back to those long hours commuting to work or maybe a weekend break to see family and friends. 

Where shall you go? London for work, Edinburgh for the tattoo or York for the Races? 

We hope to see you there. 

The Weaver Hill

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Benjamin Brady said:

Good Morning

Well that's all the stock packed for another weekend away with Weaver Hill. There have been quite a few alterations to the loco roster for this weekend though. Noticing that Euxton & Balshaw lane are there we have decided to change our location for the weekend to the East Coast. 

This does mean we get to take our East Coast fleet out. As the layout can be ran from 1996 - present day we have decided to show the East coast mainline though the livery changes seen over this period. What this means is that people from all generations who have grown up along the East Coast Mainline attending the show shall defiantly see something they know. You can slip back into the seat of the train and take yourself back to those long hours commuting to work or maybe a weekend break to see family and friends. 

Where shall you go? London for work, Edinburgh for the tattoo or York for the Races? 

We hope to see you there. 

The Weaver Hill

Looking forward to another update soon...

• 1 month later...

ood Morning, 

We have returned from an enjoyable weekend playing trains at Warley. The layout received plenty of positive comments from the visitors over the weekend which is always nice to hear. 

We ran as always a mix of stock, leaning slightly towards a Virgin Trains though the ear slant, running half of the layout with Virgin stock representing 1997 - 2019. 

The layout is now back in store however there is a jobs list which shall require a good coat of looking at and actions to be taken before we are next out with the layout in the new year. 

Firstly I have attached some photos from the Lincoln show we attended with a video of the signals in operation. 

Cwis.JPG

Many Thanks

Weaver Hill Team

Edited by Benjamin Brady
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Good Evening,

There has been very little modelling going on at the moment and the layout is unfortunately still in storage. However we shall be attending Alsager Model Railway Exhibition at the end of the year if everything goes to plan. 

Anyway a project I've been working on is concerning a swallow class 90 into an executive one. It's not to shabby and should look the part on the sleeper or Manchester Pullman when we run the layout backdated. 

It looks like Waterman has seen the Weaver Hill and extended it for the Chester Cathedral layout, I'll be looking forward to a visit to Chester to see the layout. Attached is a photo stolen from Facebook of it. 

IMG_20210224_160932.jpg

FB_IMG_1614364589121.jpg

• Like 2

The final update for this evening. Another project for Weaver Hill is a GC Class 90 complete with stock. The MK4 have had the base coat of black along with the correct windows blanked off and are awaiting their organge strip. In the meantime the Class 90 is all finished. It is gutting we shall never see this service come to fruition however maybe we shall see something come of the proposed Stirling service. 

IMG-20200620-WA0003.jpg

• Like 3