Weaver Hill 4 Track Mainline Shrewsbury MRE 1st June 2024

Benjamin Brady

Day 1 at Doncaster is complete, we had enjoyable day and the guess stock ran well even though some of it was showings it's age. The HST running very well after not running for a considerable amount of years. 

Slight change around of the stock for tomorrow but still maintains the ecml theme. 

We had one complete failure of a fiddle yard line today so that needs to be looked at and hopefully sorted tomorrow. There has been a lot of head scratching trying to sort that. 

Tony Wright was over taking photos for BRM, I know Andy was doing the same at Crewe but unfortunately due to camera settings were unable to be used. (Debbie said your for the sack now Andy 😂😂😂

Thanks for putting on an excellent show and we look forward to tomorrow. 

IMG_20230211_172042.jpg

IMG_20230211_174807.jpg

• Like 4

We are all back now and the layout is packed back away unfortunately in storage. 

It has been an excellent weekend and we really enjoyed it. It was good to run something completely different on the layout and it is an era we shall be returning to it. 

The layout as always performed well with the rough running part of the norm now. It has survived another weekend though. 

An excellent show has been put on by the BRM team so well done with a very busy day on the Saturday. Sunday was not as busy but still well attended. 

received_594959935330444.jpeg

received_3339064596343584.jpeg

received_507240464924895.jpeg

• Like 5

• Benjamin Brady changed the title to Weaver Hill 4 Track Mainline Ludlow Racecourse 3rd June 2023
  • 3 weeks later...

Good Evening,

Only a small update showing an item of stock for Ludlow. We shall be running the layout in an early 90s. 

I am currently smartening up some Lima MK3 pullmans for the Manchester Pullman. I'll be adding flush glazing to this. I've weathered the roof and underframe and the interior shall be painted. 

Cheers 

IMG-20230307-WA0010.jpeg

• Like 2

• Benjamin Brady changed the title to Weaver Hill 4 Track Mainline Ludlow Racecourse 3rd June 2023

Weaver Hill managed to have a last minute outing to the Alsagers Bank model railway exhibition. We had a good weekend as always with the model. We ran the model very different to normal. It was used more as a club layout with an open invite for friends to come and run their own stock on it. 

I added a few items of stock which usually don't get the opportunity to run on WH, such as the GWR Sleeper. I also gave it a little East Coast feel with an Azuma and MK4 rake running around.  

A few photos provided by one of those operating their own stock 

IMG-20230513-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20230513-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20230513-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20230513-WA0004.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/06/2023 at 21:49, TimberValleyRailway said:

I had the pleasure of seeing this at Ludlow, fantastic layout!

I am glad you enjoyed the layout we had a great day at Ludlow, a exhibition that is well worth the visit with a lovely venue. Top marks to the organisers 

• Like 1

• Benjamin Brady changed the title to Weaver Hill 4 Track Mainline Bala Railway 16th/17th September 2023
  • 3 months later...

Good Evening,

Day 1 at Bala model railway show has finished and we have as always enjoyed our day playing trains. 

For once we are running the layout in a wcml cross period style this is offering plenty of variety to the layout over the weekend. 

We also have had some guest operators operating their own stock on the layout. A few photos attached from the guests. 

We also had someone testing a TPE 3d print class 185 on the layout. 

Many Thanks 

IMG-20230916-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20230916-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20230916-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20230916-WA0007.jpg

• Like 4

• Benjamin Brady changed the title to Weaver Hill 4 Track Mainline Newcastle MRE 11th/12th November 2023
  • 2 weeks later...

Its been a busy week getting stock together for Weaver Hill, the couplings on the liner trains have been changed to wire, hook and loop style as the tension lock usually end up giving us grief with a pair of 90s rostered for the front.

The other project and one I've been meaning to do for a long time now is bring the auto ballasters up to date with network rail branding. I've managed to complete one side today and the second awaits for tomorrow after work. 

IMG_20231101_163039.jpg

IMG_20231101_150641.jpg

• Like 1

• Benjamin Brady changed the title to Weaver Hill 4 Track Mainline Sheffield MRE 13th & 14th April 2024
  • 2 months later...

Good Afternoon, 

Well that is all the stock packed now for the show this weekend. 

We are looking forward to the weekend and a chance to get Weaver Hill out again the first time since Bala (September) last year. Hopefully any running issues should soon settle down. 

Good Evening, 

We are all set up for the Sheffield show at Birkdake School. 

Most of the stock is on and a few more items to put on in the morning. 

The first outing of the layout since Bala so we looking forward to playing trains 

IMG_20240412_202345.jpg

IMG_20240412_201355.jpg

• Benjamin Brady changed the title to Weaver Hill 4 Track Mainline Shrewsbury MRE 1st June 2024

Good Morning, 

We have returned and unloaded now from Sheffield, we had an excellent weekend and the layout ran as well as it had done in the past. The stock behaved better than we could of imaged and running it with the 1997 feel was well received. 

We also enjoyed running the stock like this but then it how we remember Crewe before the advent of the Pendolinos and Voyagers. We did forget one stock box but we muddled though and had enough locos for the weekend. 

We are thinking we shall be running the layout very similar at Shrewsbury so the next task is to detail some of the stock up in preparation for that show.