Exclusive Duchess of Hamilton LMS Coronation No.46229

Oliver Rails

46229 runs well after a couple of initial glitches.The first was a pair of steam sanders which effectively ensured no forward movement until proper relocation .The second was "that" pony truck which was so wayward that derailment was achieved at every baseboard join and set of points.Then ...Thanks Andy Y who pointed this out in a post several weeks ago...a simple fix is achieved without recourse to any extra weight or screwdriver .Gently pull downwards the bracket from which it is suspended .....and away you go.Now holds the road like an F1 and takes point work and variations in baseboard in her stride.I applied the treatment to 46256 with equal success.

Nice model.Thanks Rails and Hornby.More commissions,please.Are you listening Mr.K. .? Don't kick a gift horse in the teeth...Especially when it's a winning steed.

By Pony truck, are you referring to the leading bogie?

Wasn't R2179 Duchess of Gloucester?

Checking hornbyguide.com again, it states that R.2179 was Duchess of Hamilton in 2000, then Duchess of Gloucester in 2001.  

R.2179 was announced in the 2000 catalogue as Duchess of Hamilton showing a picture of the real thing (streamlined). I believe if I can remember correctly that the model changed names before it was released thus becoming R.2179 Duchess of Gloucester in the 2001 catalogue along side R.2205 City of Birmingham, also in the maroon and gold.

• 1 month later...