NEW DJM OO gauge HUO + N gauge 24.5t Hopper wagon (Crowdfunded)

DJM Dave

Hi,

You would have had an ‘order accepted’ screen flash up telling you you were successful (or some such wordage), did you not get that?

To be honest I didn't notice nor can remember. Presumably by flashing up there is no permanent record and it would disappear when one moves on to a different screen.

Could you possibly please send a simple confirmation message to the email addresses so that we have a record in our in-box?

Thanks.

G.

To be honest I didn't notice nor can remember. Presumably by flashing up there is no permanent record and it would disappear when one moves on to a different screen.

Could you possibly please send a simple confirmation message to the email addresses so that we have a record in our in-box?

Thanks.

G.

I'm glad I'm not alone in either not noticing nor remembering!

Mark Saunders

A crowdfunded project usually involves taking money up front which is returned if the project fails to reach its funding target by a specified date. So I'm puzzled as to why DJM has tagged this as a crowdfunding when it seems no different to their other live projects, such as the N Gauge King, in asking only for expressions of interest.

Edited by dpgibbons

• RMweb Gold

A crowdfunded project usually involves taking money up front which is returned if the project fails to reach its funding target by a specified date. So I'm puzzled as to why DJM has tagged this as a crowdfunding when it seems no different to their other live projects, such as the N Gauge King, in asking only for expressions of interest.

I see your point. But it is crowd-funded in the sense that a part-payment will be taken before the model goes to the tooling stage.

Hi,

Just to clear this point up for everyone. When I run a crowdfunding project, all bar the class 71 and 92’s have been expressions of interest.

Basically I won’t invoice any monies to be paid as a deposit until levels of a financially self sustaining project are reached.

However, there is an exception in the N gauge King where the level has been reached, but I am awaiting the final cad/cam to show before I collect monies to be able to start tooling.

It’s a bit of a mixed bag reading what I’ve written here again, but I hope it clears things up for you all.

Cheers

Dave

This one is a bit different though it appears as Dave said in his opening post "Please note that i have 'taken a flyer' and the model is now in cad/cam stage and i am really hoping that this is completed so i can get 3D resin prints on display at the upcoming Warley 2017 show (no promises though)."

So the cads already started, meaning the research has been done, meaning the discussion on what diagram Dave should do is irrelevant as it's already been researched and cad started!

Perhaps we should focus on what scale he should do instead (n gauge please :) )

• RMweb Gold

This one is a bit different though it appears as Dave said in his opening post "Please note that i have 'taken a flyer' and the model is now in cad/cam stage and i am really hoping that this is completed so i can get 3D resin prints on display at the upcoming Warley 2017 show (no promises though)."

So the cads already started, meaning the research has been done, meaning the discussion on what diagram Dave should do is irrelevant as it's already been researched and cad started!

He's aiming to do both.

Edit to add: With regard to diagram, see DJM's post above. He can easily change the diagram while we are still at CAD stage.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell

• RMweb Gold

These are being marketed as HU0s.  Does that mean they will ALL have TOPS data panels?  I'm only interested in pre-TOPS vehicles.  Which of the 00 4-packs (a to d), if any, are pre-TOPS?

Cheers,

Bob.

I think that's the intention at the moment.

As Revolution have found, offering too many livery options can make a crowdfunding exercise a bit difficult.

But I would guess that if DJM can pay for the tooling with this crowdfunder, it would then be feasible to offer pre-TOPS models via the trade.

Edit to add: My project is pre-TOPS. But I have ordered some anyway! Either I will run a second era (tempting!) or remove the TOPS markings.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell

Why worry about livery as on these it is all about the number/data panel which on a whole is the easiest to change!

I suspect that the only ones that had a repaint were some of the fitted ones recieved a coat of paint as I rmember seeing Circuit Working branding on one of the North East ones when condemned at the end of 1982.

For those that want different style/era lettering then go cap in hand to Mr Isherwood!

Mark Saunders

Why worry about livery as on these it is all about the number/data panel which on a whole is the easiest to change!

I suspect that the only ones that had a repaint were some of the fitted ones recieved a coat of paint as I rmember seeing Circuit Working branding on one of the North East ones when condemned at the end of 1982.

For those that want different style/era lettering then go cap in hand to Mr Isherwood!

Mark Saunders

Mr. Isherwood already offers numerous transfers for as-built 24.5T mineral hoppers - see Sheet BL156 and variants @ https://www.cctrans.org.uk/products.htm.

Since British Railways ceased to have any appeal for me after the end of steam, I'm afraid that I do not produce transfers for the 'boxed' or TOPS eras.

I am sure that Precision Labels or Railtec will assist, though.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Having no interest in the steamy era of BR I'd prefer that the wagons were TOPS coded. 

However, it would probably be nice if Dave could firm up on details and confirm what will be the final specifications for each pack/option. Fortunately, with 'orders' currently only being 'expressions of interest' those that the final model finishes would not be acceptable (and are unable to re-paint/add/erase markings to suit their requirements) can then bale out at the stage of paying a deposit to confirm their order.

G. 

...Railtec will assist, though.

Thanks John; appreciated. That pre-TOPS sheet looks useful indeed. At Railtec the TOPS variants are / will be:

- spot printed so no superfluous unsightly carrier film to worry about

- contain variations in data panels for added authenticity

- contain true vibrant white

- have perfect print registration

- are either filmless or has the thinnest carrier available

- are compatible with enamels

- withstand regular handling

- have no half toning or join lines in the print

Those who frequent other social media such as Instagram and Facebook may also be aware that there are other considerations to factor in when choosing a supplier.

Edited by railtec-models

• RMweb Gold

Loads of this traffic in South Wales. About a quarter of the class 37 fleet existed to support this traffic.It was a quite common sight to see a dirty 37, with about 40-odd on the hook.

Ian.

Edited due to my rubbish spelling.

Edited by tomparryharry

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear! DJM bashing again? Coming on the forum, and advertising new product? Shame on you! The next thing, DJM will be making more, and yet more, railway stuff we all want (and, I'm assuming, willing to buy).

I guess that if you want stuff, lead the manufacturer to the target. You don't need to pi$$ people off. If it's good, it'll sell.

After all, it's not as if he's painting these wagons Great Western green.

"No Dave! put the spraygun down....."

I'm not a DJM acolyte, but all of this negativity gets a bit wearing at times.

Ian.

• Like 1

Having no interest in the steamy era of BR I'd prefer that the wagons were TOPS coded. 

However, it would probably be nice if Dave could firm up on details and confirm what will be the final specifications for each pack/option. Fortunately, with 'orders' currently only being 'expressions of interest' those that the final model finishes would not be acceptable (and are unable to re-paint/add/erase markings to suit their requirements) can then bale out at the stage of paying a deposit to confirm their order.

G.

Hi Grahame,

Can I draw your attention to the first post on this thread, now altered accordingly, and the DJM update posting I did to note the changes.

Cheers

Dave

Can I just point you to the header post in this thread, that I’ve updated recently?

HTH

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Grahame,

Can I draw your attention to the first post on this thread, now altered accordingly, and the DJM update posting I did to note the changes.

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

Many thanks - my bid for 4 grey N gauge wagons is now in and I did get the confirmation message.

Regards,

Roy Marshall

Hi Alan,

No, not at all. I now collate numbers on a daily basis, but don’t expect me to report here that often ;-)

So far the OO version is by a margin of 12-1 in the lead over the N gauge one, and is, in itself, at the 18% mark

So not too bad, although i’d have hoped for better on both numbers to be honest.

More when I have it (but not every day lol)

Cheers

Dave

Hi Alan,

No, not at all. I now collate numbers on a daily basis, but don’t expect me to report here that often ;-)

So far the OO version is by a margin of 12-1 in the lead over the N gauge one, and is, in itself, at the 18% mark

So not too bad, although i’d have hoped for better on both numbers to be honest.

More when I have it (but not every day lol)

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that it's still early days I'll stick an link on my Facebook and fingers crossed that there is interest in it

Thanks

Alan

• Like 1

If the ratio is 12 to 1 for the 00 version, and the N is 18%, does that mean the 00 version is at 198%, ie-twice what's needed?

Sounds like the basis for a good conspiracy theory but it would be nice to know the true figures prior to boosting an order for these as I would like to hold out for a second batch to save renumbering?

Mark Saunders

I read it to mean the 00 is at 18%, meaning the N gauge isn’t doing well.

Roy

Hi Roy,

You would be correct.

However, magazines have yet to print releases yet, and once that happens, like the king, things will pick up, but by quite how many, I don’t know.

Remember that the mermaid isn’t scheduled to break even until I’ve sold 3000+ models and i’m 1000 in at the moment with another 1000 in Dutch, under production at the moment.

It’s a big steep slope, and N gauge just isn’t anywhere near as popular as OO by a considerable margin. However it’s my gauge, and i’ll Be sticking with it, even if only myself and a few others have HUO’s in our possession. Lol ;-)

• Like 1